- Recaps: LHH | Newsday on the Mall Rat | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Nick Leddy will be an Islander for, at least, the next seven years. This is good. Reaction to, analysis of and praise for the deal: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | NHL.com | Islanders | Jonathan Willis at B/R | Sporting News says Blackhawks loss is Islanders gain | Leddy gets his own Skinny from Eric Hornick.
- "Low talker" Leddy represents a shift in the Islanders' status. [Newsday]
- Our HockeyGoalie bravely looked into the dark, dank, horrifying world of the Islanders penalty kill.
- More VIDEO: Rick DiPietro talks about that infamous contract. It's not really as exciting as it sounds. [IPB]
- The Sound Tigers meet some kids. [New Haven Register]
- A short Skinny on long Islanders names (like Mouillierat).
Coliseum Clearing House
- VIDEO: News12 Long Island takes a behind-the-scenes look at the Coliseum.
- Local guy and Nashville Predator Anthony Bitetto talks about growing up there (as a Rangers fan). [LI Herald]
- Long Islander Val James stopped by the game to talk about his book and historic hockey life. [Newsday]
- Writer Alvin Ma of Hockey in Society does something no one in the history of Western civilization has even done before: he took the bus to the Coliseum. THE BUS. [Hockey in Society]
Around the League
- Just before the Leddy deal was announced, the Canadiens traded Euro import Jiri Sekac to the Ducks for hyphenate Devante Smith-Pelly. Eyes on the Prize was all over it, but Andrew Berkshire isn't a fan of the deal. Sekac became a popular Hab in his short time in Montreal [Sportsnet].
- And during the game last night, Sean Bergenheim was sent to the Wild for a third round pick. [SB Nation]
- The Blue Jackets are looking to move ol' friend James Wisiewski for some reason. [The Cannon]
- Live from New York, it's Saturday Night Live Hockey (for the first time in nine years). [Newsday]
- Eric Fehr has been with the Capitals for a long time and seen the team go through many changes. [Japers Rink]
- Stan Bowman is all about the analytics and using them to bludgeon his enemies. [ESPN]
- Bowman's goalie Corey Crawford is forever being questioned, but is probably not going anywhere. [SCH]
- What's the going rate on a rental player? Pierre Lebrun price shops.
- Igor Larionov had some strong words for today's NHL. The people that should pay attention are wearing stripes. [Gross Misconduct]
- A species of wasp will be named after Tuukka Rask. Do the wasps make crazy saves, too? [Boston Globe]
- Not hockey, but always important: How Madden rankings are made [fivethirtyeight]
Sly dog Patrick Roy pulled the Avalanche's goalie with twelve (12) minutes remaining down 4-1. Unbelievably, it didn't work. One of these days, Roy will just start a game with no goalie.