- Recaps of a tag team tumble: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com |
- Frans Nielsen will be re-evaluated on Monday, following his collision with Derek Dorsett that made us all break out the rosary beads. Needless to say, losing another forward, let alone one as important as Nielsen, would be less than ideal for the Islanders. [Newsday]
- Ryan Miller was hurt and left the game, and also will be re-evaluated. He will most likely not play the Canucks' game this Tuesday in Boston. [NHL.com]
- Mark Herrmann wonders if the Islanders should trade either Griffin Reinhart or Ryan Pulock for a veteran forward. Dan Saraceni wonders if Mark Herrmann dropped acid or just a hammer on his head before writing that. [Newsday]
- Travis Hamonic is playing more confidently than ever. [Newsday]
- Garik examined everybody's least-favorite Islanders defenseman. Despite all his fancy maths, garik still could not determine if Brian Strait is in fact Jack Capuano's son or not, so the whole thing is a total failure IMO.
- The corsi table from Saturday's shootout loss to the Capitals. [LHH]
- IslesBlog podcasts with the Polish Prince, Mariusz Czerkawski.
- MIchael Dal Colle had a goal as Oshawa beat Ottawa. [Durham Region]
- Notre Dame's Robbie Russo had three assists in the Irish's win over BU on Saturday. [SBN College Hockey]
- Victor Crus-Rydberg had a goal in Plymouth's 3-2 win over Sarnia. [MLive]
- The Sound Tigers lost their sixth straight yesterday, 3-2 to Norfolk, to fall to last in the Eastern Conference [CT Post]. They were without Brett Gallant and Scott Mayfield, who were suspended following Saturday's night's madness [Soundin' Off].
- Michael Fornabaio says good bye to the Norfolk Admirals, who will move to San Diego next season to become the Ducks affiliate with the new, old Gulls logo. [CT Post | Ducks]
Around Hockey Day in America (and elsewhere)
- In Lou We Trust's weekly Metro snapshot gets a little complicated as other teams start creeping up the standings.
- A Sharks fan recounts the oddly subdued crowd for the Stadium Series game. [Fear the Fin]
- Do the Penguins want a mulligan on that whole Jordan Staal trade? [Pensburgh]
- The Caps stayed in a Philadelphia hotel on Saturday night, when someone pulled the fire alarm at 1:30 am. [Russian Machine]
- Good stuff to read when you have time: The difference between statistics and analytics, and how hockey teams use them to evaluate players. [NHL.com]