- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post on the humble victors | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | On the Forecheck
- Hornick's Skinny on the game. This is just... weird: The Isles have scored in the first 71 seconds of each of their last four home games.
- The Islanders kept their composure during and after the game and didn't revel in their impressive win. A big difference from a few years ago. [Newsday]
- Yes, Calvin de Haan was scratched in favor of goal-scorer (ha!) Brian Strait. Capuano says it's about getting looks at different combos. Sure, Jack. [Newsday]
- Cappy and Lavy from Southie* have a history. [NY Post] (*pretty sure neither guy is from South Boston but whatever)
- Last night did have a sad aspect as Mikhail Grabovski went down with an apparent head injury after a hit by Eric Nystrom. We'll have an update as soon as there is one. Get well soon, Grabbo. [CBS Sports]
- Nystrom's game was a special one for him as he grew up at the Coliseum right next to his dad. Nystrom spoke with Puck Daddy, and the NY Times and the Preds site, along with Island Park native and Nashville defenseman Anthony Bitetto. I've always had a soft spot for Nystrom going back to his days at Michigan and wish him success. Bitetto grew up a Rangers fan so he can go jump in a lake.
- NEW! The Islanders site also did the Nystroms thing.
- Raconteur and Preds play-by-play man Pete Weber also has some memories of the Ol' Barn.
- (Some of) the Sons of the Coliseum talk about the building's legacy on Long Island. [Newsday]
- News12 wants to know your most memorable Coliseum moments.
- Lubomir Visnovsky's agent Neil Sheehy says he has had no talks with the Islanders about an extension. Nothing sounds ominous or combative, but Lubo does want to continue playing. [PHT]
- Anders Lee started the season in Bridgeport. He ain't going back. [Puck Daddy]
- Video: Matt Carkner Is a Good Dude, Volume whatever. While recovering from surgery, Carkner helped the Long Island Blues special needs youth team. [Newsday]
- Mike updates his LHH rankings and leaves those lazy-ass power ranking slackers behind after they missed the bus. [LHH]
- A beauty from Leboff: Requiem for a Rivalry. With Islanders and Rangers, it's more than just cheering. [Rockaway Times]
- For example: what happens when the Islanders are on the Rangers network and vice versa? Ranger fan anarchy [Mark's Bard's Blog]
- Finally: a handy map of all the beers available at Nassau Coliseum. [Beer Loves Company]
- Kevin Czuczman and Jesse Graham were sent down to Florida of the ECHL yesterday to get some playing time in following a series of scratches. Brent Thompson calls the moves temporary. Also, Peter Sivak was traded to the Toronto Marlies for Carson McMIllan. [Soundin' Off]
- But making his way back to Bridgeport is Ryan Pulock. [CT Post]
- Doyle Somerby cracks SBN College Hockey's list of Top 100 NHL prospects in the NCAA.
- The NHL is rolling out its new stats today and they have both new names for old numbers [Sportsnet] and ambitious plans for the future [Puck Daddy].
- The Flyers inducted Eric Desjardins into their Hall of Fame last night. The defenseman was a steady shoulder for a long time in Philly. [Broad Street Hockey]
- Joffrey Lupul has been through a rebuild and sounds scared to death of going through another one. [TSN.ca]
- So Devan Dubnyk is good now. How the hell did that happen? It was all in his head. [NHL.com]
- Do teams play differently in outdoor games? Maybe, but not really. [Deadspin]
- Video: a panel of ex-NHLers discuss life after the league with Strombo. [Sportsnet]
- A great memorial for Steve Montador by a Sabres PR exec. [Sabres.com]
- Please, Hockey Gods, we beg of you: please let this happen. [CSNNE]
Jonathan Toews is very concerned with your urinating habits. [Sports Illustrated]