...you're damned right they do.
FIG Picks: Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here.
- It's a battle of top teams tonight. And the coaches go way back. [Newsday]
- It will be emotional for the Nystroms, as it's Eric's last game at the Coliseum (You know... barring an Isles-Preds Cup final. [Tennessean]
- The Predators recently doubled down on the season with a reinforcement trade. The fans memorialize the departing Olli Jokinen in gifs. [On the Forecheck]
- He already missed last game, but yesterday Casey Cizikas was officially placed on IR retroactive to Feb. 16. [Isles Transactions] This sounds like the lingering "lower body" issue, which Newsday reported relates to the shot block that had him in a walking boot recently.
- The latest new$!2 Coliseum Connection is with Travis Hamonic. [News12 LI]
- Fresh off ending his goal drought, Brock Nelson calls in. [IPB Podcast]
- Some editorially obligated words about the Isles and the trade deadline. [ESPN]
- The Sound Tigers are hosting WWE Day Sunday, including "The World's Strongest Man" [BST]
Beyond First-Place Battles
- The Bruins and Oilers went to a shootout. No one scored until the 12th round, and even that may have been an accident. [SB Nation]
- The Flyers signed Nick Schultz to a two-year extension, which makes fans a little nervous. [BSH]
- There is a lot of interest in bringing NHL hockey Seattle, but those interests aren't exactly unified. [ESPN]
- Alex Ovechkin and the art of Zen badassery [Sporting News]
- Ryan Getzlaf on turning 30, leading the Ducks, in an entertaining Q&A with Jen Neale. [Puck Daddy]
- The NHL's most common no-trade destinations involve struggling teams and cold climes. [E$PN]
- A theory of NHL drafting and height bias. [Jets Nation]
- The latest podcast from Hope Smoke is a good listen on the NHL. [Spreaker]
- Want to watch the outdoor game get set up? This black bird says, "Nevermore." [SB Nation]
- Maybe the bird is protesting the musical guests John Fogerty, Melissa Etheridge, Kris Allen and Symphony Silicon Valley. [NHL]