There's no (well, okay, very little) time to cry over last night. The Islanders are in Raleigh tonight to face the Hurricanes. Game time is 7 pm. FIG picks can be left here. I imagine Calvin de Haan might be a viable option.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- As seen just about everywhere by now, this lady interviewed by Shannon Hogan last night lets loose a little TMI. [Deadspin | Puck Daddy | SB Nation]
- Mike Vaccaro petitions the hockey gods for seven Islanders-Rangers playoff games. [NY Post]
- Possibly previewing an Islanders-Rangers playoff series. The Islanders could be in trouble. [The Hockey Writers]
- Rick DiPietro had no trouble hating the Rangers during his playing days. [IPB]
- Masked man Matt Martin wants to get his hands and nose bloody again. [Newsday]
- Matt Carkner cleared waivers yesterday and will suit up for the Sound Tigers shortly. [LHH]
- Believe it or not, Josh Bailey is doing just fine as a first line winger. [NHL.com]
- Is Jack Capuano a Jack Adams candidate? [CBS NY]
- Jim Devellano says the salary cap has destroyed NHL dynasties. He knows about building them. [LA Times]
- MIchael Dal Colle had a pair of goals in Oshawa's matinee win over Sudbury. [Durham Region]
Beyond New York
- Dmitry Kulikov has been suspended four games for his low hit on Tyler Seguin. [Miami Herald]
- Defenseman Marc Methot re-signs with the Senators for four years. [Silver Seven]
- What the hell happened to Matt Read and should the Flyers trade him? [BSH]
- Dissecting the craziness of the trade deadline and how the Bruins might benefit. [Cup o' Chowder]
- A fun FanPost about mean Tweets directed at poor, pudgy Phil Kessel.
- On the Forecheck says a teary goodbye to Predators legend Olli Jokinen.