Game four of five against the Rangers is tonight at MSG East. The local beat writers are doing their part to provide pep talks to the "underdog" Rangers, so the Islanders better be ready. FIG picks can be left here.
- Corsi stats from the Islanders win over Columbus on Saturday. [LHH]
- I forgot: The Islanders activated Matt Carkner from IR and placed him on waivers. He will mostly likely end up in Bridgeport for a few games and then... who knows. [Twitters: Staple | Carkner]
- The Islanders have been good against the Rangers this season. They want to continue doing that. [Newsday]
- Heading to the game tonight? How about a meet-up beforehand? Remember, there's safety in numbers. [LHH FanPost]
- Islesblog's podcast talks to author John Feinstein about his Islanders fandom.
- USC's student paper wakes up to find the Islanders, Predators and Lightning are good. [Daily Trojan]
- Whatever slim playoff chances the Sound Tigers had were most likely obliterated by a lost weekend. [Soundin' Off | Recap of Bridgeport's loss to Hershey on Sunday]
- Joshua Ho-Sang had two assists in Niagara's win over Windsor on Sunday as well as some pointed (but playful and poignent) words for his former team's executives afterwards. [Windsor Star]
- Should the Wild have drafted Ho-Sang? Yes and no. I think. I'm a little confused actually. [Hockey Wilderness]
Around the League
- The Maple Leafs garage sale continues as Toronto sends Cody Franson and Mike Santorelli to Nashville for a first round pick, prospect Brendan Leipsic and former Islanders "future" Olli Jokinen. [PPP]
- If Sidney Crosby argues a penalty, it gets reversed. If anyone else does, they get an extra minor for unsportsmanlike conduct. [CBS Sports]
- In Lou We Trust's weekly Metro snapshot looks ahead to some interesting weeks for the rivals.
- RIP former NHLer Steve Montador, who died suddenly on Sunday at the age of 35. Very sad. [Puck Daddy | Elliotte Friedman remembers generous teammate and good friend.]