Oh look. A 3-2 win.
- Recaps of a routine raking: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | PPP (an excerpt: "I don't care who knows it, I'll be cheering for the Islanders in the playoffs this spring.")
- Hornick's Skinny features much Halak and a guest appearance by a Dom tweet.
- John Tavares: Toronto-born, Long Island-raised. [Nice piece by Herrmann in Newsday]
- Cal Clutterbuck made his return from injury, but played on the third line with Brock Nelson and Nikolay Kulemin. [Newsday]
- Ryan Strome pumps his brother's tires (an d his own on-the-job training) in this notes column. Also includes Cappy on Nabby. [Toronto Sun]
- Matt Martin and his stealth ninja skills were the talk to social media. [Sportsnet | Willhoft on Twitter whimsy | Point Blank talks to Martin about it.]
- One last one on Evgeni Nabokov and what he taught the Islanders in his time here. [IPB]
- We're down to four horses in the Metro, jockeying for position. [Japers Rink]
- Gary Bettman tells Mike Francesa that New York is a hockey town. [CBS NY]
- Hey Long Islanders! Did you know there's a big league hockey team playing right there? On Long Island? Well, there is! [LI Herald]
- Or you can just use your neighbor's backyard rink. [CBS NY]
- A swath of Sound Tigers statistics [BST]. And a notes column from Soundin' Off.
- A wide-ranging and very open interview with Joshua Ho-Sang. The kid doesn't hold back on his feelings. I love it. [Hockey's Future]
- And Ice Dogs general manager Marty Williamson talks about Ho-Sang on a podcast. [via friend of the blog ElSeldo]
- Robbie Russo is now the captain of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish. [WNDU.com]
- Right on cue, a new log is thrown on the Maple Leafs fire in the form of Phil Kessel saying, "I go where they want me. I love Toronto. If it's not here, it's not here." This will never end. [Toronto Star]
- Dallas' Antoine Roussel was suspended two games for a cross-check. [DOPS]
- The percentages of draft pick success, somewhat to what DPKnees had done a while back. [TSN]
- There's very little hockey in this Forbes story about stadium revenue in the 21st century, but it's a good look at the some of the reasons why the Islanders couldn't stay in Nassau Coliseum forever. If the building isn't making you money, you're behind the 8-ball.
- Producer Ross Greenburg talks about EPIX and the NHL's Stadium Series docu-series. [SB Nation]
- No more confetti for NHL arenas following a lawsuit. [TSN]
- Long Read: Youth Hockey in Toronto is not for the weak, be they child or parent. [Toronto Life]