So, a win is a win, right?
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com
- The Oilers of today talk about what Nassau Coliseum means to them. And the answer is, "not much." [Edmonton Sun | Edmonton Journal]
- Mark Herrmann kinda weirdly rants against tanking, but I don't think the Oilers were necessarily "happy" to lose last night. Some fans might be, but the players sure didn't look happy. Throwing a season doesn't happen by flipping a switch on and off. Includes bonus, "at least the Islanders couldn't tank without a first round pick" mention.
- Ten stitches in the face for Calvin deHaan, but he's okay. [Newsday]
- Torgo brings another 10 game chunk of stats, with a lot of good and one conspicuous bad. And sharks.
- Michael Leboff says a fond farewell to goalie and raconteur Evgeni Nabokov. [LHH]
- The Wall Street Journal says hello to Anders Lee.
- Video: Our favorite German Islanders fans with the awesome fan cave were featured on MSG Network. [LHH]
- Butch Goring and Ed Westfall are among a cadre of ex-players suing the NHL over concussions. [LHH]
- Ticket packages for next season at Barclays Center are selling briskly. [CBS NY]
- It's spelled "Czuczman" but it's pronounced "forward." [Soundin' Off]
- The Islanders and Carolina Hurricanes will play a preseason game in Halifax in September. [CBC | Metronews.ca]
All Over The Place
- Jaromir Jagr hints that maybe he could be open to getting traded to an Eastern Conference team, per Darren Dreger. [Sports Illustrated]
- Meanwhile, David Clarkson remains a healthy scratch that can't go anywhere. [Sportsnet]
- The Caps look to be hot on the trail of Evander Kane. [Japers Rink]
- Wherever Kane lands, the team getting him will have a very talented but strong-willed player. [Elliotte Friedman]
- Taylor Hall wasn't in last night's game because he'll miss 4-6 weeks with a foot injury. [Copper n Blue]
- Extended stats are coming to NHL.com, so is it time to change their names? [Scott Cullen at TSN]
- The Las Vegas ticket drive is on. [VegasWantsHockey.com]
- Will Arizona State work as a D1 hockey program? Recruiting shouldn't be too tough. [Sports Illustrated]
- The best college team in the country might be BC's women's team. [Puck Daddy]
- VIDEO: old favorite Joe Juneau is helping establish hockey in Canada's northern territories. [Sportsnet]
- Divorce, NHL style can often be messy. [Down Goes Brown]
Music time. It's been a while. Here's a small consolation ode for the Oilers. And if you have Rock Band, i can't recommend this song enough.