Fun game last night, right? Well, there's another one tonight! Amazing how this thing works. Whether or not it's a fun one - against the exciting but PDO-reliant Senators - remains to be seen.
Game time is 7 pm. Get your FIG picks in before then.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News (with a WTF headline) | Islanders | St. Louis Gametime | St. Louis Today
- Relevant money quote from Staple's recap:
That gave Strome five points in the five games since his return from Bridgeport. The Islanders are 4-0-1 in that stretch.
"He's been really good since he came back," Travis Hamonic said. "He's putting up points, which is great, but his positioning in the defensive zone has been great. He's a smart player and it's great to see him doing what he's been doing."
- And a historic note on Frans Nielsen from Eric Hornick's NYI Skinny: Frans Nielsen set not one, but two NHL records with his shootout tally - it was his 41th shootout goal all-time, breaking a tie with Jonathan Toews, and was his 17th game deciding (shootout) goal, breaking a tie with 4 others (Sidney Crosby, TJ Oshie, Patrick Kane and Mikko Koivu)
- Cappy likes Greiss (as do we all) [NY Post]
- PR Week looks at the move to Brooklyn and the new sponsors and all that exciting stuff for PR professionals.
- Friday was a rough night for the Sound Tigers, who lost 4-0 in Springfield. [BST | CT Post | Soundin' Off Post-Game]
- The Oilers' defense is still a raging tire fire and the man to fix it is... Garth Snow? [Edm. Jour.]
- Also, these quotes from Ray Ferraro are about Edmonton, but they include a fun Al Arbour story. [Edm. Journal]
Around the League
- Last night's Bruins-Flames game was bonkers. Seriously. Watch the video today. [M&G]
- In a surprising turn of events, the Lightning and Jon Cooper have decided to extent their successful relationship. [Raw Charge]
- NHL.com's Super 16 polls the experts on who's the best right now.
- Those Blue Jackets' game day posters are awesome. [CBS Sports]
- Manny Malhotra is on another comeback trail, starting with an AHL tryout in Lake Erie. [Puck Daddy]
- Not Hockey: Once upon a time, the New York Giants' move to New Jersey made the Islanders' trek to Brooklyn look like a walk across the street. A new documentary examines the one-time-hot-button issue that we all just live with today. [CBS NY]