A new episode of Islanders Anxiety will be under the Christmas tree a little later this morning. Try not to use it up all at once.
- Heading into their holiday break, the Islanders are in a good place mentally. [Newsday]
- John Tavares and others on power plays and penalties (given and avoided) in this era. [The AP]
- Mikhail "Moneybags" Prokhorov completes his purchase of the Barclays Center and all of the Nets. [LHH | The man loves to spend money, according to NetsDaily]
- The Point Blank podcast talks about a good night for the Islanders and bad night in the stands.
- Checking in on Canadian World Juniors Barzal and Beauvillier. [Islanders]
- Islanders Russian goalie prospect Ilya Sorokin is having a really good season in the KHL. [Eyes on Isles]
- The story behind the Missouri Mavericks' ownership change, affiliation with the Islanders and rise to the top of the ECHL standings. [435 Mag]
- More on the change in Barclays Center's alcohol policy and some legalese that seems to have been overlooked. [Atlantic Yards Report]
- Tavares answered some questions on Hometown Hockey's Twitter yesterday. Here are some good responses:
Takin' the train into the rink everyday and spending my afternoons in the hotels instead of my home ^JT https://t.co/YW71ElyDPc— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
The coliseum had a great atmosphere just like all the old barns/rinks ^JT https://t.co/uLYEXll3XJ— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
I think we have the right personnel with everyone contributing to their full potential. ^JT https://t.co/8kqzxFGHa6— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
We're still adjusting, it'll take a full season to really adjust to the differences. ^JT https://t.co/GBePPpHX22— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
I listen to a bunch of different music but I would say mostly something along the lines of BMP on SirusXM ^JT https://t.co/dFfcn7dyXx— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
Last year we were able to win in many different ways and this year we haven't seen our best hockey yet. ^JT https://t.co/2RpIngqM0e— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
I used to wear 19 in minor hockey and friend of my wore 19 on a different team and I flipped the number. ^JT https://t.co/vC4mYFkZCK— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
Can't go wrong with @68Jagr , one of the game's greats. ^JT https://t.co/GBuVfOoVbD— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
Turkey Bacon BLT! ^JT https://t.co/XHBX3mIk5K— Hometown Hockey (@hometownhockey_) December 22, 2015
Rockin' Around the Hockey League
- Friedman's 30 Thoughts on moves made and not made (yet).
- Mark Scheifle got away without any discipline for his play on Darnell Nurse? You make the call. [C&B]
- All jokes about the Islanders aside, teams mounting three-goal comebacks are very rare. [TSN.ca]
- Can coaches affect a team's shooting accuracy? [Hockey Graphs]
- Steve Stamkos wants to remain in Tampa Bay... as of the time this Tampa Bay Times article was written anyway.
- Andrew MacDonald is once again a rich man in a minor league. Includes the story of his drafting at the behest of Charles Wang. [ESPN]
- Going behind-the-scenes for Epix's behind-the-scenes Making of the Winter Classic show. [Boston Globe]
- So about those North Stars jerseys the Wild are wearing at their Stadium Series game: Dallas Stars fans aren't happy about it and Wild fans aren't happy about the Stars fans being unhappy. [SBN]
- Jaromir Jagr is your cool uncle that has the best snowball fights with you every Christmas. [SBN]
Christmas messages are fun and all, but what we really want are outtakes of Johnny Boychuk and Nick Leddy goofing on each other.