- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Anaheim Calling
- Kyle Okposo will see some doctors during the Christmas break, but Jack Capuano hopes Kyle just needs some rest. [Newsday]
- Brooklyn native Helene Elliott talks to the Islanders about the move. [LA Times]
- Goalie prospect Eamon McAdam stops by the Isles Buzz podcast.
- On Sunday night, I (Dan) spoke with the Sportstalk 1240 crew about the Islanders season so far. Safe to say we're all breathing easier today.
- Dom linked to this yesterday, but my talk with the Arctic Ice Hockey guys gets the full write-up at their site. Interesting to hear what out-of-towners think of your team and, in this case, your general manager.
- Barclays Center does Christmas like they do everything else: really, really big and just a little...different. [Zeitgeist]
- Missed this yesterday: Michael Dal Colle and Mitchell Vande Sompel each had goals in Oshawa's 7-0 dismantling of Sudbury on Sunday. [Durham Region]
- Dal Colle isn't the only OHLer that could be a trade deadline rental this season. [TSS]
- Okay, seriously, what the hell is going on with the Ducks? [Anaheim Calling]
- Jared Spurgeon will spend at least four more years in Minnesota for reasonable money. [Hockey Wilderness]
- Meanwhile in Ottawa, Erik Karlsson is playing an entirely different game than everyone else in the league. [TSN.ca]
- In which Rangers fans hate Alain Vigneault as much as you hate Jack Capuano. [BSB]
- One minute, you're sitting on your couch. The next, you're backing up Henrik Lundqvist in a real, live NHL game. Holy shit. [Players Trib]
- James Reimer's new mask is More Than Meets The Eye. [The Hockey News]
- The Islanders aren't the only team to lose a Russian prospect to the KHL this week. Say goodbye to Oilers center Bogdan Yakimov. [Edm. Jour]
- Just in case anyone was wondering, no, you can't play with two goalies. [CBS]
- The uniforms for the Wild's Stadium Series alumni team look a little familiar. For an entirely separate franchise that still exists in a different part of the country. [Wild]