Hey, at least the Jets beat the Cowboys. And who are the Giants pla... oh. Uh, maybe today is a good time to see Star Wars.
- Recaps: LHH from the wee hours | Newsday | NHL.com | Howling For Louis
- From that Newsday recap, have we ever heard Capuano say anything like this before about the power play? "We're going to have to find personnel that want to get pucks on net," Capuano said. "You've got an extra guy out there, you can outnumber them around the net and we're passing up shots at the blue line."
- Arthur Staple's The Islanders Can't Score Any Damn Goals Trilogy: Tavares' Phantom Menaces | The Lee-pire Hopes to Strike Back | Return of the Ledpipe
- Oh good. The Sound Tigers have dropped four in a row, too. [CT Post on the 2-1 loss to Portland | Soundin' Off]
- A little more on the Barclays Center's new alcohol sales plan, which, curiously, were already more permissive than many other NHL arenas. [Atlantic Yards Report]
- Brooksie's had enough of Kevin Hayes, Alain Vigneault and the disappointing Rangers. When you invoke A Clockwork Orange, you know things are bad.
- The Columbus Dispatch's Michael Arace has had enough of the Ryan Johansen trade talk and gets in a fun Mike Milbury zinger.
- The Penguins sent Daniel Sprong, their only good forward prospect, back to junior after three tumultuous NHL months, burning a year of his ELC. [Post-Gazette | Pensburgh]
- Oilers fan wants Travis Hamonic for Justin Schultz. Writer Jim Matheson shoots the notion down. | Here's why. Please, no Jultz. [C&B]
- Steven Stamkos isn't scoring either. Good thing he doesn't have anything else on his mind. [TSN.ca]
- No-Move Clauses are killing the NHL hot stove. [The Hockey News]
- A new arena for the Senators is one of hockey's longest-standing white whales. [SSS]
- Team USA makes some cuts from its World Junior team, as Long Islander Sonny Milano lights the lamp. [SBN CH]
The Riveters are having a good time on their trip to Japan.