- Recaps of an unlucky night: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | Mile High Hockey
- Frans needs not your petty ducats, mortals. First, he plays. Then you pay him tribute. [Newsday | NHL Numbers on what his next contract could look like]
- Bob Nystrom visits NYIT's sports medicine facility and reflects on the differences in concussion protocol between his playing career and today. Man, that was a scary, scary time. [Newsday]
- Defenseman Jesse Graham is lighting the lamp for the Sound Tigers these days. [CT Post] | Ben Holmstrom is back from Missouri [Soundin' Off] | The Sound Tigers get silly about their favorite video games and other stuff [BST].
About Tuesday Night
Sadly, this isn't the first time something like this has happened at an arena event. I don't say that to trivialize it; whenever and wherever it happens, it means there was a failure in the system that's meant to keep people safe and allow everyone to enjoy a good time at a game, concert, show or whatever.
After having a day to think about what I wanted to say, I'm sorry to report that the only things I can offer are hindsight and hippy-dippy wishful thinking. I wish that woman didn't get hurt. I wish security had defused the situation better. I wish things didn't often escalate this way whenever large groups of people gather. I wish this one didn't come with the added "bonus" of racial and cultural undertones. I wish this wasn't the latest demerit in the ever-growing list of Barclays Center complaints.
However the system broke down at Barclays, it did. Fair or not, it's up to the arena to make sure the next time it happens - and I've been to more than enough games to know there will be a next time - the staff is better organized and prepared to handle the situation.
- Could Steven Stamkos end up with the Canadiens? No? Then how about Detroit? Well we can never count out the Flyers. No, again? Okay... what about Poughkeepsie?
- Which NHL division leader is ripe for the plucking? Looking at you, Dallas. [SBN]
- How the Flyers' Whatever-It's-Called-Now Center works and the people that make it go. [TPT]
- How likely is Garth Snow to make a trade? He's in Down Goes Brown's top half. [ESPN]
- A look at Team USA's World Junior Camp from SBN College Hockey.
- Arctic Ice Hockey talks to Patrick O'Sullivan about his tragic story of growing up.