The Islanders take their two stolen points out of Columbus and come home to face the scrappy Devils this afternoon at Barclays Center. Game time is 5 pm, so skip that Cowboys-Packers game and get to Brooklyn.
FIG Picks go here. Don't wait.
Update to the upcoming update:
Capuano speaks to media just before 3 pm today. #Isles lineup and Strome/Clutterbuck updates to come then.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) December 13, 2015
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | The Salty Cannon
- Relive the beguiling mystery of last night's game-winner. [LHH]
- Cal Clutterbuck missed the game, but could be back today. [Newsday]
- The Sound Tigers dropped a 5-4 decision to Hartford, and Brent Thompson isn't a happy man. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- From The New Yorker (yes, The New Yorker): The Islanders play a part in one writer's healing process following the recent Paris tragedy.
- Another year, another head coach for the Penguins, who axed Mike Johnston yesterday. On a Saturday! That's cold. Former Bruins coach Mike Sullivan gets called up from Wilkes-Barre to figure out how to fix this. [NHL.com | Pensburgh | Pit. Trib | Rossi goes scorched earth on Mario | CBS says it's the defense, stupid.]
- Another problem for Pittsburgh is replacing Pascal Dupuis. [Pensburgh]
- The Maple Leafs will have a new logo for their 100th anniversary next season. It should just be Mike Babcock's face. In Blue. [Sportslogos.net]
- To get his banner in the rafters, the Oilers and Glen Sather had to bury some long-standing hatchets. [Brooksie]
- For a team call the Wild, Minnesota is anything but. [BoC]
- Revel in the timeless drama of Bard Marchand's To Shoot or Not Too Shoot soliloquy. [SCoC]
Johnny Boychuk answers your questions. Sorry, "Manchuk."