Next up: Wednesday Stupidity. Gird your loins.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny | MHH
- Even Thomas Greiss's own goals are highlight reel-worthy. [LHH]
- Playing the Islanders inspires The Denver Post's Terry Frei to reminisce about Brooklyn in pop culture and Matt Duchene to reminisce about fellow 2009 first rounder John Tavares.
- That's 500 games for Josh Bailey, despite at least that many trade proposals over the years. [Newsday]
- The latest Travis Hamonic scuttlebutt: Dustin Byfuglien's not walking through that door. [LHH]
- Look for more trains running to and from Barclays Center on gamedays, courtesy of the Long Island Rail Road. [Islanders | MTA]
- Sound Tiger Time: The week that was | Justin Vaive is banged up and the team isn't happy with how they've played lately. [Soundin' Off]
- Eamon McAdam posted Penn State's first shutout since last February, blanking Vermont 4-0 on Sunday. [BSD]
- Games over the next few days in New York include Islanders vs. Rangers, Knicks vs. Nets and Jets vs. Giants. Which means it's probably a good week to avoid your sibling, sibling-in-law, co-worker, neighbor or anyone else that will make those games less fun. [Newsday]
- The Long Island Royals midget team made a kid's wish come true. [Newsday]
- Journeyman goalie Garrett Sparks earned a shutout in his first ever NHL game, although technically it was against the Oilers. [PPP]
- Also from that recap: Michael Grabner failed to convert a breakaway opportunity because he's Michael Grabner. :(
- Carey Price will miss six weeks with an injury. Sadly for Price, he won't have the Islanders to rehab against. [EOTP]
- Unsealed emails show-high-ranking NHL executives taking a callous attitude towards head trauma and proper spelling. [TSN.ca]
- Lefty Ryan Suter's not happy to be paired with righty Jonas Brodin and made sure everybody knew it. [SBN]
- The Flyers stink but their goalies have been more than okay. [BSH]
- Five for Howling urges a change in the AHL eligibility rule that a lot of us around here might agree with.
Breaking News: Carp Lad, comin' through: