It's Friday. Instead of stewing or lashing out about the Islanders problems, go see The Peanuts Movie or SPECTRE and watch Charlie Brown or James Bond stew and lash out about their problems. Be back by 5 pm Sunday.
- Les Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | Islanders | EOTP, still thinking about Jaro. | NYI Skinny
- Arthur Staple reports that Kirill Petrov has a broken foot and will miss a month or two. So far, no additional details from either the Islanders or Sound Tigers.
- Hard-playing Steve Bernier sits again. Doubt he would have helped last night. [Newsday]
- The Point Blank podcast on flus and fourth lines.
- The Nassau Coliseum renovation groundbreaking was yesterday and everybody got to swing a hammer. Meanwhile, Newsday's Randi Marshall wrote a must-read on the sad history and deflating reality of the event.
- Want an old, gross seat from the Coliseum? Talk to these guys.
- Newsday's Neil Best gets deep inside the restless, mercurial mind of the one-and-only Hockey Maven, Stan Fischler. [His love of subways & Hockey | On his old buddy Nabby and the stone cold captain | A Day in Stan's Life]
- Breaking News: John Tavares will probably be on Team Canada for the World Cup. [NHL.com]
- Howie Rose likes the Mets more than Matteau. [Newsday]
Outside the Asylum
- Zach Parise was hurt in the Wild-Predators game last night after a big hit from James Neal. [Puck Daddy]
- Cam Neely gets reflective about that Tyler Seguin trade. Oops. Too late. [CBS Boston]
- Stats guy Garret Hohl's informal Twitter poll on the NHL's worst coach is pretty emphatic for one (not so) poor bastard.
- Patrick Kane's rape investigation has been dropped, per the Erie County DA [SCH] | But he's not exactly off the hook and could face league discipline [TSN] | Regardless of the resolution, sports society needs major changes. [SBN]
- On the Blackhawks, should they change their logo to something a little less racist and a little more avian? [SCH]
- No, the Boston Blades weren't really looking to hire "Ice Boys." But that didn't stop anyone from applying. [SCOC]
- #RoarBacon is the new hockey meme you should know. [Puck Daddy]
- Phil Housley and his JOFA helmet are bound for the Hall of Fame. [NHL.com]
- Not Hockey: Brooklyn has a semi-pro football team called the Bolts. Their quarterback is former Tampa Bay Buccaneer Josh Freeman, who's trying to make his way back to the NFL. [SBN]
Here's the very cool video run by the Habs prior to the game. Spoiler: Montreal wins here, too.