The Islanders take their show to Montreal to face the Price-less Habs. Leave your FIG picks here. Game time is 7:30 so get them in before that.
- John Tavares is out of bed and ready to roll. [Newsday | NY Post on winning without the captain]
- Update: Yep
Capuano: Tavares in tonight.— Arthur Staple (@StapeNewsday) November 5, 2015
- Michael Dal Colle's slow start to the season and painful injury have a few people paying attention. [LHH]
- Afrosupreme looks at the Islanders' underlying stats after a dozen games. [FanPost]
- But that Islanders penalty kill is really something. [TSS]
- Howie Rose doesn't mince words about the new black uniforms. He's not a fan at all. [Newsday]
- Bobby Farnham isn't a fan of how Casey Cizikas played on Tuesday, even though he plays the same way. Forget it, Jake. It's Hockeytown. [NJ.com]
- The Sound Tigers came close, but couldn't overcome Hershey in an afternoon tilt yesterday. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- NEW! Justin Vaive is bringing good vibes to Bridgeport. [CT Post]
- A Long Island native who used to draw caricatures outside the Coliseum reflects on the move to Brooklyn. Includes great artwork drawn by the writer. [The New Yorker]
- How full is your Islanders glass right now? [Isles Talk]
- Reminder: Kids can try Hockey for Free this Saturday at three clinics hosted by the Islanders and USA Hockey.
Face the Isles Nation
Couple of links regarding the recent Islanders-related political movements on Long Island.
- There's no doubt fans had an effect on the race for Nassau District Attorney between Madeline Singas and former Hempstead Supervisor (and Lighthouse Project speed bump) Kate Murray. [Newsday on the fans' victory | How Singas Won]
- Today at 10:30 am is the official groundbreaking for Nassau Coliseum's renovation. Bruce Ratner and Brett Yormark are expected to be among the attendees.
- One who isn't is Mikhail Prokhorov, who has bought the company doing the reno. Newsday urges him to stop by Nassau County some time and rub elbows with the people who will try to screw him over real soon.
Out in the World
- All kinds of weirdness happened in the Blue's 6-5 OT win in Chicago last night, including this bouncing Blackhawks' goal. [SBN]
- McDavid Fallout: What is a clavicle fracture [Undisclosed Injury] | Having a goon beat up someone wouldn't do any good. [C&B]
- NEW! The Tyler Seguin trade will haunt Massachusetts forever like the Salem Witch Trials. [Boston Globe]
- NEW! Bernie Nicholls has heartfelt and powerful words regarding the NHL's lawsuit over head trauma and concussions. [SBN]
- Former assistant GM and ESPN contributor Frank Provenzano is now an app developer, too. [SI.com]
- NHL refs will still learn their trade in the AHL ranks. [The AHL.com]
- Who's good and not so good at drawing penalties, via NHL Numbers.
- The Four Nations Cup began yesterday. Eyes on the Prize previews the prestigious women's hockey tournament and the Victory Press recaps Day One.
- Is the NHL going to move its office to some other place in Manhattan? And, if so, will they finally have a real damn clearance sale at the NHL Store? [NY Post]