- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | NHL.com | Islanders | AATJ | NYI Skinny
- Good news, I guess. John Tavares has the flu. We'll see if he plays in Montreal on Thursday. [Newsday | NY Post]
- We can close the menu on that whole, "who pays to feed the media at Barclays Center" thing you already forgot about. [LHH]
- New for the Barclays Gripe File: Scott Burnside sees a "disaster." Or is it just a scorching hot take? | Everything about the arena is good so expect the Islanders to move in five years. Sure. [Stadium Journey]
- A check-in with the affiliates from The Bridgeport Report. And a quick notes column from Soundin' Off.
- Hockey's Future on the team's still prospering prospect pool.
- Michael Dal Colle's injury "isn't too severe" as "elite" Mitchel Vande Sompel returns from the shelf. [Oshawa Express]
- Eamon McAdam is just one of Penn State's outstanding goalies. [Centre Daily Times]
- REMINDER: Puck Talks Live, November 17, at The Rock Shop in Brooklyn. Great line-up talking Islanders. Clark Gillies, Justin Bourne, Art Staple, Brian Compton and even me! Get your tickets here.
- Oh, right. This too.
Beyond the Black Hole
- Connor McDavid left the Oilers game with a shoulder injury and was placed on long-term injured reserve immediately afterwards by the Oilers. It's bad. [SBN]
- Oh man. Chris Kelly's leg isn't meant to bend that way. This is your warning. [SBN]
- Meanwhile, Steven Stamkos went Full Downie. Never go full Downie. [SBN]
- It's a homecoming year for Jersey guy Kyle Palmieri. [Fire & Ice]
- This just in: Braden Holtby is good and getting better. [Japers]
- Jakub Voracek hasn't scored yet this season and Broad Street Hockey has some (occasionally serious) explanations.
- Smart dude Ryan Batty of Copper & Blue talks to smart guy Lowetide about their Oilers. [C&B]
- Islanders special advisor George McPhee thinks Jack Eichel and McDavid can be the NHL's Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. I look forward to their eventual Atari 5200 game. [NHL.com]
- Sportsnet on those two plus Max Domi. Dang these kids today.
- This week, Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts are about coach's challenges and players that nobody wants.
- Patrick Kane's accuser is no longer cooperating with the case, per a report. [SBN] | The Committed Indian on the sadly inevitable non-resolution to a sad, sick episode.
- There will be no supplemental discipline for Dustin Byfuglien because reasons. [DOPS]
- Mathew Barzal's Seattle Thunderbirds will honor the Stanley Cup champion Seattle
Millionaires Mariners MacklemoresMetropolitans with some sweet throwback jerseys. [T-Birds]
- Fan sells her fandom for charity. No word on the going rate for Islanders support. [Lighting Shout]
Hey they're 1-0 in the new jerseys. Celebrate while we can.