For those of you unfamiliar with American religious traditions, "Cyber Monday" is the Monday after Thanksgiving when economic patriots instruct you to report to an office job, log on to the inner nets, and spend the entire working day purchasing things online for marginal and/or illusory discounts in the name of 'Murica.
On that note, our t-shirt purveyor Gameday Depot runs Cyber Monday discounts, so if there are Arbour glasses or slogans or Backhand of Judgment items you've been thinking of buying, you can do so today. Today and everyday, our portion of the proceeds goes toward the Center of Dementia Research in the name of Al Arbour. Learn more, peruse and run wild here.
Anyway, the Isles host the Avalanche tonight. Leave your First Islanders Goal picks for tonight here.
- Shannon Hogan, meet Nikolay Kulemin and Mikhail Grabovski. And a serious introduction to Ukrainian, Belorussian and Russian food. [MSG via LHH]
- I read a book. Well, mostly I looked at the pictures. [LHH]
- The Islanders ECHL affiliate Missouri Mavericks just completed a 12-0 November. [Mavs | horse tweet]
- The Sound Tigers power play continues to struggle and went 0-6 (which is why Ryan Pulock should be promoted to save the Islanders power play...). [Soundin' Off]
- No, but they contracted a bout of Kristers Gudlevskis and lost 4-0 to Syracuse. [BST | CT Post]
- Mathew Barzal's teammates give him the business over his bobblehead. [Thunderbirds Facebook]
- Michael Dal Colle's Oshawa Generals continue to struggle, though at least Mitchell Vande Sompel scored. [Durham Region]
- The Avalanche are last in the Central, but before this road trip a win over Winnipeg means they aren't last in the league! [MHH]
Beyond Cyber Monday
- In the NWHL, the Riveters lost to Buffalo, 3-1. [NWHL]
- Great 20-question Q&A on his job with the always accessible Elliotte Friedman. [Toronto Sports Media]
- How the Wings have turned things around through better players and better usage. [WIM]
- The week in the Metro, ya hear. [All About The Jersey]
- The Dallas Stars are off to their best start in franchise history but you wouldn't know it locally because football. [Tweet of dismay]
- Are the Canadiens cursed by leaving the Forum? (Or just cursed because they burned through all their karma with all that B.S. in 1993?) [HEOTP]