FIG Picks go here. Get them in before game time, 7:30 pm.
- The Islanders' special teams have been anything but lately. I've probably used that joke before but it's half day today so whatever. [Newsday]
- Elliotte Friedman updates us on the Travis Hamonic negotiations in his 30 Thoughts column. [LHH]
- Also, there's this from a radio hit (via NHL media watcher Chris Nichols):
Friedman: There are some GMs out there who would freely admit privately they wouldn't be as good to Hamonic as Snow is being. #Isles 1/2— Chris Nichols (@NicholsOnHockey) November 25, 2015
- Leboff and I let our anxieties out audibly about all of the issues currently plaguing the Islanders. A perfect tonic for those boring Thanksgiving football games.
- The only "actual" news out of the Islanders yesterday was the assigning of J-F Berube to Bridgeport for "conditioning." Sure. Also, Joe Whitney is a dad now. Congrats. [Soundin' Off]
- Congrats also to the Islanders, moving aaaaaaaall the way up to No. 22 on Forbes' totally arbitrary most valuable NHL teams list. No. 1 is that other New York team. [Newsday]
- Doyle Somerby is doing good things on offense for BU. [SBN College Hockey]
- Become one of several thousand GMs of the 1998-99 Islanders in Mark's Eastside Hockey Manager sim.
- Going to next Monday's game against the Avalanche at Barclays? Meet up with fellow LHHers there. [Fanpost]
Last Minute Guests
- One special guest for the Flyers tonight might be old pal Colin McDonald. [Flyers]
- The Predators haven't scored a goal since the Mesozoic Era. [OTF]
- Bargain signing Tomas Fleischmann is playing well for the Habs? YOU DON'T SAY! [EOTP]
- Let's check in on how Michael Grabner is fitting in with the Maple Leafs. Its, uh, not good. [Editor in Leaf]
- Former King Patrick O'Sullivan talks with Jewels from the Crown about his rough times in the pros.
- Does the NHL need new waiver rules to keep young players from rotting away in press boxes? [PPP]
- "The NHL needs more scoring!" Sound familiar? It should. They've been saying it for 20 years. [Down Goes Brown]
- Dallas defenseman John Klingberg is good. Maybe Norris Trophy good. [TSN.ca]
- On first rounders getting long leashes and lower round picks getting the boot at the drop of a hat. [Silver Seven]
- New Stadium Series jerseys for the Blackhawks and Wild will help you sleep like tryptophan. [Icethetics]
- John Collins, the NHL exec behind the outdoor game craze, has stepped down from his position. [SBN | Puck Daddy on his legacy]
- The Bruins and Canadiens Alumni Game rosters for the Winter Classic have notable players for (almost) every era. Also, Mike Milbury. [NHL.com]