The New York islanders are back in action tonight for the second half of their home-and-home with those dastardly Canadiens. For non-New York U.S. viewers, the game is on NHL Network. Here's where to put your FIG picks.
- Last night was Saturday, which means Hockey Night in Canada, which means new speculation on the Travis Hamonic trade watch. [LHH | Newsday | HNIC]
- Supposedly the Isles asked the Flames for T.J. Brodie, and here's why the Flames would say no. [Flames Nation]
- Previewing tonight's game, from the Montreal perspective. [HEOTP]
- When Matt Carkner scores, you're living well. Six games with at least a point for the Sound Tigers. [CT Post]
- Alyse Barker, once known as Miss New York by whoever declares that one, is your new arena hostess, so meet her. [Isles]
- I haven't seen this apparent Islanders fan, but his jersey foul sure gets around. [Puck Daddy]
All Over the Universe
- Pretty awesome feature on beer-drinking but hard-training (he swears!) Bill Guerin, and what he's up to these days. [Pittsburgh Magazine]
- This Avalanche brainfart/meltdown is beyond words...it must be seen to be believed. [Vine]
- Brent Burns has a nice beard and is a fun interview. [Sharks tweet/vid]
- Tie Domi roots for his son, befriends Justin Bieber, doesn't worry about the whole enforcer-damage thing. [NY Times]
- Frankie Corrado is living the dream, playing for his hometown team, except the coach Mike Babcock isn't in the "I'll play him just because management claimed him" business. [TSN]
This is Argentina vs. Japan in "hockey" from the world finals in Buenos Aires. There's no catch. It's just...(field) hockey.