- The Islanders enjoyed their brief trip to California. [Newsday]
- That's three shutouts in their last four games for the Sound Tigers. Last night in Hershey, Christopher Gibson made 27 saves and picked up an assist in the process. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Eamon McAdam put on a real show in Penn State's 8-2 win over Sacred Heart. [Onward State]
- Video: The Star Tribune talks to Taylor Cammarata after he broke his weeks long scoring drought.
- "The classy Mathew Barzal" had two assists and some high praise in Seattle's 4-2 comeback win over Victoria. [Times Colonist]
- Jakub Voracek finally scored and the Blue Jackets finally got a home win in an eventful evening in the NHL. [SBN]
- The Flyers moved some bodies around the injured list and AHL, including putting old favorite Mark Streit on longterm injured reserve for a detached pubic plate. What the hell did they do to him down there? [BSH]
- Exactly what is the value of a blocked shot? Flames Nation investigates the divisive defensive maneuver.
- Ever since the trading block started haunting Matt Duchene, the Avalanche are playing better. Here, Nathan MacKinnon scores more goals against the Habs in 13 seconds than the Islanders have in two years. [SI.com] | And here's video of Elliotte Friedman on the Duchene rumor mill. [Sportsnet]
- Known Norweigen Hobbit Mats Zuccarello is clearly using some sort of illegal magic ring and is gaining strength. [NY Post]
- The Riveters and the NWHL return today with two games. Reminder that games are streaming on their website, NWHL.co.
- Old Time Hockey in Nashville last night. At least the penalty box looks roomy. The Predators won the game 7-0. [SBN]