Good morning. The Islanders won last night.
- Recaps of a relief: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny
- Frans Nielsen made us all feel a little better by scoring this beauty. Even he enjoyed it. [LHH]
- That wasn't the only gif-able moment of the game. Witness Anton Khoudobin making John Tavares sad with this save. [SBN]
- If you missed MSG's interview with Johnny Boychuk's parents, watch it now and realize they are just like your parents. [LHH]
- The Islanders played three very solid games in California and won two of them. Soon, the results have to match the workload. [Newsday]
- Oshawa lost to Erie last night, but Michael Dal Colle and Mitchel Vande Sompel each scored. [Durham Region]
- The Islanders community Jamboree is next Tuesday and Nick Leddy will be the guest of honor. [Islanders]
- In fact, why don't you make a day of it: Islanders Jamboree during the day and Puck Talks Live that night. Tickets are still available. November 17th at The Rock Shop in Brooklyn. Great guest list talking Islanders just for you. Do it!
- The tragedy in Paris was on all of our minds yesterday and the NHL took extra security measures just in case. We hope peace can come to all of those affected by the attacks. [Puck Daddy]
- The Matt Duchene trade rumors have reached the "Let's ask Matt Duchene about the trade rumors" stage. [NHL.com]
- In more Avalanche news, captain Gabriel Landeskog was suspended two games for a high hit on Brad Marchand. [MHH | DOPS]
- Goalie Corner: Ilya Bryzgalov takes in a Flyers game, and talks about his crazy time in Philadelphia. [Courier Post] | Meanwhile across the universe, Nikolai Khabibulin officially hangs them up. Yes, officially. [Raw Charge] | Former player Corey Hirsch has some ideas about goalie equipment [Sportsnet] | In an excerpt from his book, Greg Wyshynski seeks to find the answer to why any rational person would be a goalie. [Deadspin]
- The history of the penalty shot via Third String Goalie.
- The Hockey News compiles a Fan Suffering Index and the Islanders make out pretty good thanks to some ancient history and few other factors.
- NHL.com's stats page is trash. Don't use it. [Travis Yost]
- After a brief hiatus, the Riveters are back on the ice this Sunday, and the team's leadership is ready to get them their first victory. [NWHL.com]
- Take this poll at Stanley Cup of Chowder to rank how much you like each NHL team. The Islanders get a lot of love from the commenters, maybe more so than they get around here most of the time.
- KHL club Slovan Bratislava is breaking a new kid on defense named Lubomir Visnovsky. [IIHF.com]