Take a nap this afternoon and reload the coffee machine. The Islanders' final West Coast joint is tonight in Anaheim.
FIG picks for tonight's game across the 405 can be left here. Game time is a slightly earlier 10:00 pm. Get them in before then.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders | NHL.com | NYI Skinny |
- I uh... "helped" "write" a "preview" of tonight's "game" for Battle of California.
- Jack Capuano mixed up his D-pairs and all of the principles are cool with it. [Newsday]
- The power rankings reflect the Islanders' recent struggles. [LHH]
- The Point Blank Podcast talks demotions, defense changes and other things that grind their gears.
- This year, the expectations for the players are higher - and harsher - than ever. [Insight]
- Donate non-perishable food to Island Harvest and score some Islanders tickets.
All points East and West
- Justin Abdelkader: long name, small offense and, now, long contract extension with Detroit. That means Ken Holland didn't listen to Kyle from Winging it in Motown. Red Wings fans aren't the only ones puzzled [SBN].
- Kevin Poulin is on the move again, getting traded to Calgary from Tampa Bay for future considerations. [M&G]
- Elliotte Friedman 30 Thoughts are skeptical about stats. And, as always, Justin Bourne reviews and rebuts.
- The age of the Euro Goalie is upon us. It's not just the Islanders. [TSN.ca]
- Ryan Miller wants Ray Ferraro to stop looking at his (goalie) equipment. Also, Miller says his pants are fine, in case you were wondering. [The Province]
- Leave the goalies alone and look elsewhere to increase scoring. [Arctic Ice Hockey]
- Don't listen to Dustin Byfuglien and Erik Karlsson. 3-on-3 OTs are awesome. [SBN]
- How likely is Patrick Marleau to go to one of this three designated teams? Not very. Better revise that list, dude. [SBN]
- Former Lightning coach Guy Boucher will leave Switzerland after the season, but he's moving back to North America to stay closer to his sick mom. [Puck Daddy]
- Peter Karmanos might be a Hall of Famer, but Hartford still hates his guts. As it should. [CT Hockey Violence]