Before that self-induced sugar coma you fell into last night, the Islanders lost to the Devils 3-2 in a shootout at Newark. You have a few hours to recover before tonight's game against Buffalo at Barclays Center.
Game time is 7:30 pm. FIG picks can be left here. Let's hope our team comes out ready.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Post | Islanders | AATJ | The Skinny
- Ryan Strome was feeling better and playing, while John Tavares caught whatever Strome had earlier this week. Get these guys some Purell. [Newsday]
- Yesterday's Hockey Unfiltered radio show featured both Arthur Staple and Dom! Alas, not together. [HockeyUnfiltered]
- The big Devils beat the Islanders, but it was the Sound Tigers topping the Baby Devils 3-2 on Saturday. [BST]
- A few solid games got Tyler Beck an emergency call-up with Tavares sick. [Soundin' Off]
- The Islanders are being cautious by hanging on to third goalie J-F Berube, but he could use some actual work one of these days. [Boston Globe]
- So many questions:
#isles Halloween is so much fun pic.twitter.com/4WBzsvgSZ9— Butch Goring (@91Butch) November 1, 2015
Tricks and Treats
- Phil Kessel made his return to Toronto and his reception was... odd? I think so. [SBN]
- Meanwhile, why has Kessel's new teammate Sidney Crosby not played like "Sidney Crosby" yet this season? [Andrew Berkshire at Sportsnet]
- The many ways in which Mike Babcock differs from Randy Carlyle, besides probably knowing how to use a toaster. [Sportsnet]
- 1995 was a weird-ass year for NHL uniforms. [UniWatch]
- Devils' goalie Scott Wedgewood's new mask features Seinfeld actor and famous fictional Devils fan Patrick Warburton supporting the team. [Puck Daddy]
- Grantland was shuttered by ESPN on Friday, and here is Down Goes Brown's final article for the site. I expect him to find work shortly, if he hasn't already.