- The struggle was real for the Brian Strait-Marek Zidlicky pairing on Sunday. It needs to either be fixed or be disassembled. [Newsday]
- A bunch of roster decisions still remain for Garth Snow before today's 5 pm deadline. Buckle up. [LHH]
- The radio information is here, and a trio of stations will be bringing you Islanders games this season. [LHH | Newsday]
- Speaking of music, Alexa Ray Joel will sing the anthem Friday night at Barclays Center. Dad closes the old place, daughter opens the new place. [Barclays]
- Predictions: Defending Big D likes the Islanders | Frank Seravalli of TSN says someone will take the fall for another failure.
- C'mon, Get Happy. [Islanders Insight]
- Nets Daily looks at the differences between the Nets and Islanders, and why one got a full makeover and the other just a new hairdo.
- Half the league was placed on waivers or sent down yesterday and could have new workplaces by noon today. Notables cuts include Leon Draisaitl, Dustin Tokarski, Linden Vey, Lawson Crouse and one Andrew MacDonald. [Sportsnet]
- At-large moron Raffi Torres was suspended 41 games for his latest act of stupidity. [DOPS | BoC on a punishment option the NHL should have used]
- Zack Kassian will enter the league's substance abuse program after his late night car accident over the weekend. Few specifics were given, but I hope he gets the help he needs. [EOTP]
- In a rare display of honesty, deputy commish Bill Daly acknowledged the NHL has a cocaine problem and is exploring policy changes to address the issue. [TSN.ca]
- Hockey Graphs presents a live podcast tonight at 9, featuring our own garik. Tune in.
- Victory Press has a primer for the small, wild world of Women's NCAA hockey.