Okay, everyone. Preseason is over. Now... we wait.
- Recaps of yesterday's forgettable finale in Washington: LHH | Newsday | Islanders
- After the game, the team made some tough cuts, sending Kirill Petrov to Bridgeport and Mathew Barzal to Seattle. [LHH]
- Within our game story was this NY Post article about Jack Capuano's son Anthony and his time at the US Naval Academy. The Islanders will spend the next few days in Annapolis doing some team-building stuff.
- Sports on Earth looks at the Brooklynization of the Islanders and the changing of the franchise (with a few quotes from yours truly).
- The Sound Tigers beat Hartford in a preseason game, but the cuts are coming. [Soundin' Off]
- One guy sticking around Bridgeport will be Mentorin' Matt Carkner. [CT Post]
Outside the Bubble
- The Flames get even deeper into the Hamilton business, acquiring forward Freddie to play with his brother Dougie. [M&G]
- It was a busy Sunday morning in Canadiens world: Fleischmania comes to Montreal as the Habs finally officially sign Tomas Fleischmann [EOTP]. Meanwhile, Zack Kassian was involved in an auto accident with several others in the wee hours. [EOTP]
- The Maple Leafs can talk about rebuilding all they want, but they need to stick to the plan no matter how hard it gets. You don't need to tell us about it. [Sportsnet]