The Islanders final preseason game is today at 5 pm against the Capitals in Washington. It's on MSG+ and NHL Network should you want to watch. Honestly, as long as everyone leaves in one piece, the score doesn't matter.
- A recent Greg Cronin "pep talk," reminded the players that, in the grand scheme of things, the Islanders have accomplished exactly two things: Jack and Shit. [Newsday]
- Brooksie declares the Islanders Brooklyn's team now.
- The Daily News' preview package: Tavares is the Boss of Brooklyn | Paul Cartier is the piano man of the hour | Five Questions.
- A slide show of a cross section of good and not so good views from Barclays Center. [WSJ]
- Eastern Bloc brethren take in young Kirill Petrov. Looking good, Mikhail. Feeling good, Nikolay. [Islanders]
- Watching the Islanders, Rangers or Devils while living in the Albany/Capitol District region is a blackout hell. [Times Union]
- The New York Metro Three all have new either new homes or new superintendents. [NY Times]
- Players taking the train to games is a strange idea for this Poughkeepsie Journal writer. If he thinks they're travelling during morning rush hour, he might want to check the morning skate times.
- The time is now for the Islanders to establish themselves as more than just plucky. [Bergen Record]
- The AHL better lookout for Large Loic Leduc. [CT Post]
- Raffi Torres hasn't played in forever, but he hasn't missed a beat, getting ejected from the Sharks-Ducks preseason game for an illegal hit on Anaheim's Jakob Silfverberg. [FTF]
- Lovable Eddie Lack signs a two-year extension with the Hurricanes. [Canes Country]
- "Suitcase" Lee Stempniak chooses voluntarily to spend the next year (or probably less) in New Jersey. [AATJ]
- Could the Flyers shed a Schenn via waivers? [BSH]
- Not hockey: Best wishes to New York legend Rusty Staub, who is recovering from an in-flight heart attack in Ireland. [AP.org]