Lots of good Islanders reads in here for you to (at least attempt to) wash away the bad taste from last night. Also: it's Friday. Treat yourself to something.
- Recaps of whatever, man: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | NHL.com | Canes Country | NYI Skinny
- The highlight was Frans Nielsen doing this at this speed. Dang.
- Arthur Staple reports on the ill Jaroslav Halak and Ryan Strome and the chill J-F Berube.
- Brian Strait gets the feature treatment from the Post. Yes, he knows you don't like him. But he also knows his job security will eventually be challenged, believe it or not.
- Puck Daddy's Sean Leahy interviews jovial Jiggs McDonald.
- Hockey streaks that will never be broken include the Islanders' 19 straight playoff series victories. [The Hockey News]
- The Sound Tigers make a young hockey player's dream come true [CT Post]. And a few more notes from Soundin' Off.
- A round-up of Tigers, Mavericks and Islanders prospect news. [BST]
- Former Sabres goalie Steve Shields recounts the time he and Garth Snow threw hands in a game. [Michigan Daily]
- Daniel LaFontaine is picking up where his dad Pat left off. [Buffalo News]
- The Islanders were the goats last night, but at least they weren't as bad this puck-stealing asshole from Pittsburgh. [SB Nation]
- Also, playing down to the competition seemed to be the order of the day: The Canadiens blew a 3-0 lead to the Oilers and lost in regulation, The Lightning somehow lost 2-1 to the Avalanche, the Blackhawks still can't score and the Ducks... my god, the Ducks are a mess.
- The Leafs made some moves, waiving the perpetually-waivable Mark Arcobello and signing tough guy Rich Clune. [PPP]
- Highly-paid person Andrew MacDonald adjusts to life in the AHL. [Philly.com]
- ESPN's Most Impressive People in Hockey 40 or younger includes some interesting folks, but you'll need to pay up to find out who.
- Emails show the NHL allowed players to re-join games after sustaining concussions. That seems unwise. [Puck Daddy]
- Bob McKenzie takes a deep look at Hockey Fights Cancer, where good dudes like Matt Martin help change lives. [TSN.ca]
- I know you've been listening to Islanders Anxiety (and we thank you for that) but another new podcast you should try is the HockeyPDOCast by Dmitri Filipovic and Travis Yost. Despite the title, it's not dense with fancystats and is just two smart dudes talking hockey. In this episode, Yost is absent but Filipovic talks to the great Ray Ferraro about stats, scoring goals and playing when your coach might be fired.