- Get a listen of our new (and, we hope, continuing) podcast, Islanders Anxiety. Spend 45 minutes fretting with me and Leboff.
- Kirill Petrov is making it hard for the Islanders to send him to Bridgeport. But if he stays, where does he play? [Newsday]
- Goal Horn Gate thoughts: The many tricky facets of the move to Brooklyn [IPB] | What does the flip-flop say about the fans? [Flatbush Files]
- Several players have been cut by the Sound Tigers and will return to the Missouri Mavericks, including Andrew Johnston and John Schiavo. [Soundin' Off]
- You can help the Islanders in the fight against cancer in a few different ways this season. [Islanders]
- The Blackhawks are up to something. They reassigned promising ex-Blue Jacket Marko Dano to the AHL and waived expensive anchor Bryan Bickell. Who knows who's where by the end of the weekend. [SCH]
- Also waived was Rangers defenseman Raphael Diaz, who has to stick with someone one of these days. Or maybe he can be Hickey insurance? [BSB]
- Stats Corner: Garik looks at the neutral zone and its effect on score effects at Hockey Graphs. | Jen LC on the basics of offensive zone entries.
- Darren Dreger has his pulse on where the league's expansion plans are going and it seems like that place is through Jeremy Jacobs' office. [TSN.ca]
P.K. Subban can add actor and Sportsnet pitchman to his list of talents.