- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders/NHL.com | M&G
- It's "The Bailey" now. Get it right. [LHH's New Isles Virals]
- Thomas Hickey is back on the IR, this time with a lower body injury, and will be sidelined for a month. [LHH]
- NEW! Whoa...now even The Post is running an Islanders Notebook column? My god. What a world we live in.
- Jack Capuano is innocent, I tells ya! He's not tryin' ta buck tha coach's challenge. Ya got nuthin! [LHH]
- The Point Blank Podcast talks to Casey Cizikas about his line's chemistry.
- CBS's Peter Schwartz comes around to the black third jerseys, as have many others. Includes sworn testimony that the original logo and blue/orange main uniforms aren't going anywhere.
- With higher expectations comes tighter scrutiny. Despite their record, the Islanders can and should be playing better. [Point Blank]
- Now, they're complaining about the elevators at Barclays Center, too. [Int'l Business Times]
- The Riveters are struggling a little out of the gate, while the Whale are moving along swimmingly. [Victory Press]
- Bruce Bennett presents a photo gallery of a Riveters game day. [Getty Images]
- Helene Elliott talks to two interesting folks: Jenny Scrivens, who continues on her hockey journey and Jiggs McDonald, who's still going strong at 77 (!). [News & Observer]
- The Ducks can't buy goals. [Anaheim Calling]
- Evander Kane will miss more than a month with a knee injury. [NHL.com]
- Meanwhile in Columbus, something very weird is going on with Ryan Johansen. And I don't mean John Tortorella. [Cannon]
- On the Forecheck celebrates Mattias Ekholm's six-year contract extension with the most terrifying photo ever taken of the defenseman.
- Winging It In Motown looks at the coach and GM compensation rules that the league hates so much.
- Jordan Leopold on his life in and out of hockey. [Star Trib]
The Brooklyn hipster jokes are getting tired, but at least Sportsnet's Cabbie Richards brings props when he talks to John Tavares: