Yeah, the Islanders picked up two points against the Blues but between Ryan Strome's benching, a blown lead, Brian Strait's Brain Straitness and Butch Goring's time warping, there's plenty to be upset about. Sounds like a perfect Sunday for Islanders fans.
PS: Jets-Patriots at 1 pm today.
- Recaps: LHH | Newsday | Islanders/NHL | St. Louis Game Time | Hornick's Skinny
- Steve Bernier made his Islanders debut at the expense of Ryan Strome, who's struggled so far this season and was a healthy scratch. Throw another log in the FIRE CAPPY PLACE. [Newsday]
- Turns out, John Tavares is actually underrated, and has stats comparable or better than the NHL's officially accepted very best players. [TSS]
- Clark Gillies is as golden in retirement as he was when he played. [Brooksie with some lovely words]
Beyond the Island
- The Blue Jackets Win! [Cannon] | So do the Habs! Again. [EOTP] | But what's up with the Ducks? [Anaheim Calling]
- The Bruins' Winter Classic jerseys are really sweet. [SCoC]
- Big Buff has a big beef with 3-on-3 OT. [WFP]
- There's a long way to go before the NHL and NWHL have the same supportive relationship that the NBA and WNBA share. [Puck Daddy]
- Goalie Tales: Kevin Poulin's short time with the Lightning is over, as he is placed on waivers. Don't expect him back with the Islanders/Sound Tiigers. [Raw Charge] | Carolina's Eddie Lack loves tacos and being a big Swedish goofball. [Puck Daddy] | It took a while to come out, but Roberto Luongo's goofball side is a treasure for hockey fans. [SI.com]