Maybe the reason the Islanders were so disjointed in last night's loss to the Bruins was because half the roster was awaiting updates from the ALCS. Now that that's over, let's hope tonight's performance in St. Louis is much, much more focused.
FIG picks can be left over here. Game time is 8 pm. Look for a special preview later from our Midwest Bureau chief.
- Recaps of some real crap: LHH | Newsday | NY Post on snoozin' Isles | NHL.com | Islanders | SCoC
- But hey, at least the National League champion New York Metropolitans baseball club had good seats. The Daily News on their whirlwind day | Newsday photo gallery.
- They still love Johnny Boychuk in Boston. Too bad he's ours. Haggerty | NESN video
- The Islanders like Anthony Beauvillier, apparently. Good for the young man. Everybody salsa! [LHH]
- Barclays Center's two tenants are trying to figure out this whole roommate thing. They can learn much by just keeping their eyes and ears open. [Nets Daily]
- A little Adam Pelech trivia for you. The Sound Tigers play in St. John's this evening. [Soundin' Off]
- Meanwhile in Missouri, the Mavericks take to the ice at home for the first time this season. [KC Star]
- While we've been watching the slow-motion trainwreck in Columbus, the Canadiens have been a juggernaut. The are 8-0-0 after dismantling the Sabres last night. [EOTP]
- The Blue Jackets took advantage of the NHL's generous and extensive Coach Recycling Program. Give a hoot, don't polute the world with ex-NHL coaches. [Zeitgeist]
- The save this Northeastern goalie made here doesn't make a lick of sense. [SBN]
- RIP Jimmy Roberts, hockey lifer. Among his many titles, he was an original St. Louis Blue, former Whalers coach and colleague of Al Arbour's. [Blues]