Okay, okay. You can admit it. You thought for sure the Islanders were gonna lose last night's game. Hey, me, too. But they didn't. Thank you, Jaro.
- Recaps of business, Columbus, nothing personal: LHH | Newsday | AP | Islanders| NHL.com | Cannon | Hornick's Skinny
- Columbus Dispatch on the Blue Jackets playing their best game of the season and yet still extending their winless streak to seven.
- So far so good in the faceoff circle for the Islanders. [Newsday]
- John Tavares is one of the league's most underrated players according to a select group of his peers. I think what they mean in this case is "under publicized," but whatever. [Puck Daddy]
- The Dump & Chase podcast talks about the Star Wars Episode VII trailer (and some Islanders items).
- The Sound Tigers played some team-building softball... and sent three dudes to Missouri. Loic Leduc and Carter Verhaeghe were shipped to the Mavericks, and Patrick Cullity was released from his PTO (and probably will sign with Missouri). [Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle only has four assists so far this season, and the Generals are struggling. [Durham Region]
- Highlights from last night: Tyler Seguin is just golfing goals now. [SBN] | When Penguins legends battle, we all win. [SBN] | Alex Ovechkin scores his 900th career point in a win over Calgary. [Japers]
- Oof. Conn Smythe winner Duncan Keith will miss 4-6 weeks after knee surgery. Everybody Pokka? [SCH]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts wonders a little about Frans Nielsen and a lot about the Leafs not making a very interesting analytics hire.
- The sound you heard around noon yesterday was every Rangers fan rejoicing that mascot Tanner Glass was placed on waivers. [NY Post]
- Three weeks ago, Curtis Glencross was a free agent. Now, he's retired. [TSN.ca]
- One-goal games can tell us a lot (and not what you think) about teams. [Hockey Graphs]
- Tampa's Alex Killorn doesn't fear defensemen, only haunted houses. [Deadspin]
- For the giddy base ballers among us: One. Win. Away. [Amazin Avenue]