- It wasn't pretty, but the Islanders get their two points. Skaters, please don't play like that again. LHH | Newsday | NY Post | Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com | OTF
- Son of Nystrom returns to check out the new house his parents moved into. [Newsday]
- Puck Daddy on Barclays #GlassGate.
- Nice piece from the Brooklyn Daily Eagle about Brooklyn kids finding their way to the Nets and Islanders the way Long Island (and New Jersey) kids did.
- I don't know if this story about Brooklyn Hipsters discovering the Islanders is supposed to be sincere or satire. [CBC.ca]
- Sound Tigers notes include some line-up changes and PT for new bodies. [Soundin' Off]
- Kevin Czuczman has a new mind set for his second full pro season. [CT Post]
- Don't expect Ryan Pulock to be at Bridgeport for long, though. [IPB]
- Joshua Ho-Sang had a goal in Niagara's 4-3 OT loss to Hamilton and is tied for third in the OHL in scoring early this season. [St. Catharine's Standard]
- Eamon McAdam continues his progress at Penn State. [State College.com]
- Carey Price remains awesome, drops a thunderous and literal cold shoulder on goalie troll Chris Kreider. [EOTP]
- Injuries! Logan Couture hurt his foot in practice and is was seen on crutches. Update: It's a broken leg. This is pertinent for the Islanders' next game. [Fear the Fin] | Victor Hedman left the Lightning's last game with an injury and his status is unknown. [NHL.com]
- Epix's The Road to the Winter Classic show is back, this time with the Canadiens and Bruins. [EOTP]
- The Coyotes are embracing their flaws and branding themselves as outsiders in a new advertising campaign. [NHL.com]
- Taunting Patrick Kane derisively might be doing more harm than good. [Japers Rink]
- Two Tambellinis enter, one Tambellini leaves (with an AHL win) [Syracuse.com]
- Who are the top undrafted NHL free agents in Hockey East this year? SBN College Hockey lists. Will the Islanders be in play for any of them? Who knows.
- Mark Kelly is a Centereach resident and former ESPN researcher who's currently dealing with Crohns Disease and other issues after receiving treatment for Rhabomyosarcoma, an extremely rare form of cancer. He started a website and sports podcast called CKMagicSports and could use your help. You can donate to his cause at his GoFundMe page. Best of luck, Mark.
Missed Madison Packer and Shenae Lundberg of the Riveters on the intermission report? Then here they are. Hope to see them around Barclays even more this season.