Look for Episode 2 of Islanders Anxiety a little later this morning. Many topics and terrors are covered.
- Getting that first win makes for a happy Islanders locker room. [Newsday]
- Hold on, I've always wanted to do this...And the Boulton is still standing. [LHH]
- Fun Fact: Boulton is from a town in Nova Scotia called Lower Sackville, which is as appropriate as it gets. [Truro Daily News]
- Based on hours, Boulton will make more money than John Tavares this year. Ken Campbell salivates at a petty, pissed off Tavares bolting for Toronto. [The Hockey News]
- Mid-Day Hockey? Afternoon Delight or Dog Day Afternoon? [LHH]
- Signs point to the Islanders and Barclays Center being a good match. They don't really have a choice. [CBS NY]
- Two fans won VIP tickets to Game 1. [PIX 11]
- The Islanders move all the way up to No. 73 overall in ESPN's totally scientific and not-completely-arbitrary Ultimate Standings. Believe it or not, that's the highest ranking of any New York metro area team.
- The great Bruce Bennett stops by the Isles Blog podcast.
- Video: Denis Potvin's heartfelt tribute to Al Arbour. [Fox Sports]
- The Sound Tigers are 3-0 after yesterday's win over Springfield. [CT Post | Post-Gamer]
- This could be a big year for fan favorite on both sides of the Long Island Sound, Mike Halmo [CT Post]
- Anthony Beauvillier was among players selected to play for Team QMJHL in November's Canada-Russia Super Series. [NHL.com]
- Connor McDavid scored his first goal last night, but the kid is feeling the screws tightening already. [Sportsnet]
- Audio: What kind of clueless, idiot, AHL-brand coach would shuffle his lines after every game? Oh, it's Dan Bylsma? Never mind. Great idea. [WGR 550]
- Elliotte Friedman's 30 Thoughts cover more of the Kings-Mike Richards situation.
- Jaromir Jagr is truly the Most Interesting Man in the World. [TSN.ca]
- Get your fill of Notre Dame hockey on NBC SN this year. [SBN College Hockey]
- Down Goes Brown fondly remembers the late, great waiver draft, the same one that gifted the Islanders Chris Osgood a lifetime ago.
- Jim Dolan and Glen Sather are BFFs. [Brooksie]
- The Rangers players want morning skates to go the way of the Cooperalls. [Bergen Record]
- How can Ron Hextall fix the Flyers? Who knows. But please, take your time. [The Hockey News]
- Danny Briere is a Flyer again, but don't worry. He's wearing a suit and looking for office interns and cleaning staff to spear in the nuts. [BSH]
- Meanwhile in Columbus, GM Jarmo Kekalainen says the Blue Jackets are already "off the rails." Not another NHL cocaine story. [Blue Jackets Xtra]
- Enjoy this while you can. [Pensburgh]