UPDATE: Former Islanders winger and scorer of one of their most epic goals, J.P. Parise passed away last night. Leave your tributes in this LHH thread.
- Stephen Lorenzo says Jack Capuano deserves credit for the Islanders' season and some Adams consideration to boot. Frans Nielsen heaps praise upon his coach, too. [Daily News]
- The first Power Rankings collection of 2015 is in and the Islanders' loss to the Oilers seems to mostly get a pass. [LHH]
- And the corsi numbers from the loss to Vancouver contain some good news (unless you're Thomas Hickey). [LHH]
- Loic Leduc is French for "Big, Scary Son of a Gun" and he gets the call up to Bridgeport [Soundin' Off | and some more random notes from Michael Fornabaio]
- The Sound Tigers list their favorite TV shows. Sorry, Ryan Pulock, but you need to be traded immediately.
- Pat LaFontaine will lend his support to a safety initiative in the Town of Oyster Bay.
Around the league
- The fallout from the Randy Carlyle firing continues, but beyond the endless Maple Leafs echo chamber are the personal issues affecting the ex-coach, including a recent death in the family. [Toronto Sun]
- Adam Proteau talks about the magnanimous JP Parise. [The Hockey News]
- Mike Yeo is done being Minnesota Nice (and might soon just be done, period). He lashed out at his lackadaisical Wild at practice and the video has been edited for mass consumption. [Deadspin | Bar Down]
- Goals like this one in overtime the other night against the Blackhawks aren't helping Yeo's situation. [PHT]
- Gustav Nyquist and Vincent Trocheck are diving divers who dive and now have to pay into the league kitty. [The Score]
- The Ducks want to move their AHL team to San Diego as the dream of an AHL West continues. [LA Times]
- Flyers fan kid gets Penguins stuff for Christmas and loses it on Youtube. So Philly responds in an awesome way. [Broad Street Hockey]
- The best Bubble Hockey table ever pours beer for you. [SB Nation]
- Hell and Yes! Curling Night in America is coming to NBCSN (I hope without Pierre McGuire). [Awful Announcing]