If you're mad that you stayed up late to watch that game last night, prepare yourself for Tuesday's 10 pm start from Vancouver. Let's hope the Islanders do, too.
- Recaps of a wretched visit to Rexall: LHH | Arthur Staple minces no words in Newsday | NHL.com
- I still don't know what went down during that Oilers 2-on-0 last night. [SB Nation | LHH Fan Post]
- Jaroslav Halak's 300th NHL game will not be a happy memory. [Newsday]
- Edmonton boy Johnny Boychuk is enjoying Long Island. [Edmonton Journal]
- And not to be outdone by their colleagues in Calgary, the Edmonton Sun also takes notice of Brock Nelson.
- John Tavares regains the step that everyone, including him, seems to think he's lost this season. [Newsday]
- Nassau Coliseum's flaws make its final season even more memorable. [The Hockey Writers]
- You want Kyle Okposo on your fantasy team. [Dobber]
- Michael Dal Colle had two goals as Oshawa beat Sault Ste. Marie 6-4. [Durham Region]
- The Sound Tigers earned a much needed win yesterday, 4-3 over Albany. [BST | Soundin' Off]
- Oh, and it was Star Wars Day at Webster Bank Arena:
Around the NHL
- The NHL fined the Flyers for their unauthorized travel over the holiday break. How much? Well... about that... [Puck Daddy]
- World Junior: Canada crushed Slovakia to advance to the gold medal game [Eyes on the Prize]. They will play Russia, who beat Linus Soderstrom and Sweden 4-1 [Eyes on the Prize]
- IIHF Prez Rene Fasil throws shade on Montreal's handling of this year's tournament. [NHL.com]
- Before the game last night, the Oilers sent Leon Draisaitl back to the CHL as expected, ELC be damned. [Edmonton Sun]
- Can mental tests determine who has the intangibles hockey teams are looking for? [Boston Globe]
- Silver Seven debates who the Senators should honor with a statue outside Canadian Tire Center.
- That high five line after a goal can be a dangerous place. Just ask Andre Burakovsky. [SB Nation]