A good time was had by all yesterday, more so by a bunch of LHH contributors that were able to meet up at the game. We'll look to have another gathering later in the season.
For now, the Islanders can chill for a few days, heal their bruises and pat themselves on the back for a great first half. Part II starts next Tuesday.
- Recaps of a rollicking reunion: LHH | NY Post | Daily News| Islanders | NHL.com | Broad Street Hockey
- Hardworkin' Nikolay Kulemin scored twice, a just reward for a "pain in the ass" [Newsday]. After the game, Kulemin chatted with the NHL Network guys.
- A candid Travis Hamonic answers some deeper questions about the Islanders' approach to this season and why he would spend his Winter All Star break in the deep freeze. [NHL.com]
- Jaroslav Halak was far from perfect against the Flyers, but he'll take the win. [Newsday]
- Neil Best calls the getaway game a "going away party." Sure felt like it.
- A little late, but that penalty kill still needs work. [Newsday]
- Before the game, Kyle Okposo was named the NHL's Third Star of the Week. A four goal game will do that for you. [LHH]
- Video: Jeremy Roenick is all about the Islanders train this season. [PHT]
- The Wall Street Journal talks about "Yes!" and Section 329 as if they are alien entities to be studied by scientists.
- Another reflection on the short film Hockey Barn: Long Island and what it means to Islanders fans. [The Hockey Writers]
- Victor Crus Rydberg had two goals to lead Plymouth past Saginaw 3-2. [Yahoo.ca]
- Dan Carcillo was suspended for six games following his ridiculous cross check on the arm of Winnipeg's Mathieu Perreault. Let's hope the Blackhawks keep him out even longer. [Second City Hockey]
- Sean Couturier had a bad game yesterday, but not in the ways the Philly beatwriters think. [BSH]
- The Flyers have had some wins at the Coliseum. Yesterday was not one of them. [NJ.com]
- Last night's Maple Leafs game was an even bigger clown show than it usually is. Fights, threats, thrown jerseys, dogs and cats living together. Here's a quick summary: [Sporting News]
Parting thought from yesterday's special in-studio guest:
Today was another reminder of how truly blessed I am to have been an Islander. THANK YOU!!!!— Rick DiPietro (@HDumpty39) January 19, 2015