Oh, not much. Just a regular old Tuesday night.
- Recaps of a home invasion: LHH | Staple on the twists n' turns | Steve Zipay on the historic win | Special Guest Star: The New York Times | NY Post | NY Daily News | Islanders | NHL.com |
- NEW! Eric Hornick's Skinny has some interesting stuff involving... Chico Resch (and Jaroslav Halak).
- Puck Daddy says that no matter what the Islanders say, it wasn't just another game.
- Stefan Bondy descends from his gilded basketball hoop to stump for a Rangers-Islanders playoff series that he can slot into his New York sports history rolodex whenever he wants to prove he knows more than everybody else. [NY Daily News]
- The Rangers get the immediate post-game "Is it panic time?" story from ESPN. Guys, seriously?
- The win brought out some creative meme-making and Twitter trolling. [LHH]
- HockeyGoalieEh has the possession tables, which looked good for the visitors. [LHH]
- Islanders are all aboard the Corsi Express. [Newsday]
- Before the game, our own Michael Leeboff put the New York Hockey Derby into proper perspective.
- Episode 8 of Newsday's Last Season on Long Island video series is about the rivalry.
- Tuesday's Sound Tigers notes include an appearance by new recruit Matt Lashoff. [Soundin' Off]
- Penn State goalie Eamon McAdam is the Big 10's Third Star of the Week. [Black Shoe Diaries]
- Roommate Update: The Nets are for sale (unless they aren't.) (Maybe.) [Nets Daily]
What other games?
- Mathieu Perreault scored HOW MANY goals for Winnipeg last night? [NHL.com]
- Simon Gagne won't play for the Bruins this season after the passing of his father. [Puck Daddy]
- Friedman's 30 Thoughts thinks about Anze Kopitar's next contract and why the Wild might want to hold onto Mike Yeo (even though they got tuned up by the Penguins 7-2 last night).
- Bad news for Pittsburgh: Olli Maatta's season is probably over thanks to a bum shoulder. [Pensburgh]
- Jason Spezza returned to Ottawa a little less of a scapegoat than he was when he was there. [TSN]
- Jeremy Roenick talks about all kinds of stuff with Greg Wyshynski, including a deal he (and we, or at least I) wish Garth Snow had made. [Puck Daddy]
- Down Goes Brown takes a stroll with weird All Grantland] of the past. [
- Teams would be wise to pick up either Jeff Petry or Andrej Sekera. [TSN]
- Sean Monahan may be boring, but he's also becoming a good defensive player, too. [Matchsticks]
- Shane Doan sucks. [Battle of Cali]
- The Sabres retired Dominik Hasek's number last night and for many of us, The Dominator was must-see TV of our adolescence. CP on how one skinny Czech guy came to dominate the NHL | The Buffalo News has the man talking about his legacy [Audio] | Mike Babcock on coaching a legend in their golden years. [@JoeYerdon on Twitter]
And here's the ceremony. Hasek was the best. [NHL.com]