- The Hockey News does a profile on Matt Martin, who is much, much more than the sting of his fists. It's an interesting look into his role in the Islanders locker room.
- It might have taken a little longer than anyone wanted, but Ryan Strome is an bonafide NHLer. [Islanders Insight]
- The Sound Tigers beat Hartford in overtime, but a long goal against is one David Leggio might want back. [CT Post | Soundin' Off]
- Minnesota-based charity Defending the Blue is accepting donations in honor of J.P. Parise.
Around the League
- Jimmy Howard is on IR, but further tests are incoming. That's not good. [Winging it in Motown]
- In Lou We Trust's weekly Metro Division snapshot shows the Islanders up against it this week.
- The Wild keep losing and one columnist has had enough of this lollygagging. [Twin Cities.com]
- How your Hockey Night in Canada sausage is made wait that sounds dirty let me start ag[Globe and Mail]
- Alabama's hockey mascot looks like he'd rather be dead than at a hockey game. [SB Nation]
Sunday was all about Teemu Selanne's number retirement in Anaheim. The full ceremony went on for a while, but here's the money shot. SI.com has much more. Great player, great human and a hockey legend. You'll be missed, Teemu. (now, when is Paul Kariya's number going up, Ducks?)
Even the warm-ups were awesome, with classic Selanne jerseys everywhere. Well done, everyone.