- Recaps of a fine fitting: LHH | Newsday | NHL.com | Blue Jackets Infographic
- While you were watching the game, John Tavares was named to the All Star team because he's John Tavares. [LHH | Newsday]
- Arthur Staple hands out some theoretical hardware at the Islanders halfway mark. [Newsday]
- Eric Hornick runs down the numbers and compares the first 41 games of last season to this season. Guess which ones are better. [NYI Skinny]
- Hornick also has a Mini Skinny on Tavares' OT goal over the Devils, which was more than just cool to watch.
- The Sound Tigers dropped a 3-1 decision to Albany on Saturday. [Soundin' Off]
- Eamon MacAdam led Penn State to a 4-1 win and a split of their series with Ohio State. [Onward State | Penn State]
- More memorials of the one and only J.P. Parise. [Newsday]
The World and Elsewhere
- Bad scene for the Red Wings as Jimmy Howard leaves their game on a stretcher after making a routine save. [Puck Daddy]
- The rest of the All Star Game rosters include a lot of first timers, Blackhawks and host Blue Jackets. [SB Nation]
- And here's some behind the scenes video and notes on those All Star jerseys we can't unsee. [Blue Jackets]
- C'mon! First mumps, now mono. Guess Tyler Toffoli will be out of school for a little while. [NHL.com]
- Yes, the Rangers are playing lights out right now. Blueshirt Banter examines the whys.
- One thing working for them is Rick Nash, penalty killer. [CBS Sports]
- The complex Canucks legacy of one Roberto Luongo. [Faceoff Circle]
- Yeah, we all hate the refs, but watching one actually get a rib broken after a collision is not cool. [Deadspin]
- The Ducks will retire Teemu Selanne's number 8 tonight, and Pierre LeBrun recounts the story of his trade to Anaheim (which includes one former Islanders owner).
Yours truly noticed the following flub on NHL Network yesterday. Broad Street Hockey and Eyes on the Prize were particularly amused.
Hey, @NHLNetwork, when you change head shots, you should check the backgrounds, too. pic.twitter.com/IHtfAbmjas— Dan Saraceni (@cultureoflosing) January 10, 2015
From last night, MSG Network's expose into the Islanders' musical taste. Lot of country music and electronic fans on the team.