The Islanders are in Columbus tonight to face the Blue Jackets, which only leaves about 11 hours to watch and re-watch John Tavares' sublime OT winner from last night. Leave your FIG picks for tonight here.
- Recaps of a religious revival: LHH | Newsday | NY Post | NY Daily News | NHL.com
- Jack Capuano, Calvin deHaan and Tavares talk about the game and the OT. [LHH]
- This article from Eyes on Isles was, ostensibly, a preview of last night's game but it speaks to the daily volcanic cauldron of Islanders fandom on social media.
- The Fisherman jerseys auctioned for charity have been revealed and they're... complicated. [LHH | Sportslogos.net, who might want to check out the standings before snarking]
- Speaking of which, the Wall Street Journal does all it can to remind you that the Islanders are in first place, but might not stay there for long.
- How do you say, "Hit Piece" in French? Because RDS has the claws out for Mikhail Grabovski.
- Capuano and Kyle Okposo remember the late J.P. Parise. [NHL.com | Newsday]
- A pair of quick strikes helped the Sound Tigers take a game from Portland. [Soundin' Off]
- Late prospect bits: Michael Dal Colle (2 assists, 21 game point streak) and the Generals lost to Kingston in a shootout. | Josh Ho-Sang (2 assists) and Niagara beat Sudbury 5-4.
No longer Isles-related, but former Isles draft pick Andrey Pedan met Jarred Tinordi, and the result was so brutal they had to put up a "please stand by" screen (via HockeyFights):
- Dion fall down, other man score goal. [SB Nation] The Blue Jackets would lose 5-2 to the Leafs, though.
- Columbus also signed goalie Sergei Bobrovsky to a 4-year contract extension prior to last night's game. At $7-plus million a year, Bob won't be cheap, but the term is right and he's obviously a rock for the Blue Jackets. [The Cannon]
- If you're mad about the Islanders Fisherman warm-up jerseys, at least they're nicer than the 2015 All Star jerseys, which look better suited for paintball or motorcross. [SB Nation]
- Staring at the back of those monstrosities will be Darryl Sutter and Peter Laviolette, the All Star Team coaches. [NHL.com]
- April Reimer, wife of Leafs' goalie James, has started a campaign to stamp out online abuse. Great idea, but a shame that it needs to be organized at all. [Globe and Mail]
- Brendan Shanahan is ready to shake up the Leafs and told his team so. [Sportsnet]
- The Islanders aren't the only team with back-up goalie issues. Carter Hutton is forcing the Predators to watch the schedule and play Pekka Rinne an awful lot. [On the Forecheck]
- The Pacific Division isn't all it's cracked up to be. [PHT]
- Where are the Capitals scoring chances coming from? Besides, "everywhere" smart guy. [Japers Rink]
- Do not adjust your eyes: that is Todd Bertuzzi on a PTO with the Senators AHL club in Binghamton. [Silver Seven]
These new Direct TV ads are great.