In case you missed it last night, our own Chris McNally posted a very important reference document for the impending season. Bookmark it:
- Bovada says, "Gamble responsibly. And by 'responsibly' we mean 'don't bet on the Islanders.'" [LHH]
- New goalie David Leggio is already a fan favorite just by having this awesome Islanders legends mask. [CBS Sports]
- Isles Talk has a full dossier on T.J. Brennan,
who'swhose time may be upon us.
- Flyers suck! But some don't. [LHH]
Around the League
- Early this morning, the un-damn-thinkable happened: the Las Vegas Golden child Sidney Crosby was arrested in Ottawa for a "driving related incident." One problem, though: according to the cops, there was no arrest. In fact, the Penguins say Crosby wasn't even in Ottawa, but was actually in Denver training. The original story was spiked a little while later. More on this non-story as it undevelops, out of respect for Sidney Crosby.
- Monday, it was War-On-Ice. Yesterday, Progressive Hockey made its debut on the fancystats front. Better register that URL and get those bugs hammered out before Damien Cox sees you.
- NHL.com ranks the best centers in the league. Tough list, Johnny.
- Pierre LeBrun leaves the comfy confines of his official NHL Writer Cottage By The Lake to report on the Ryan Johansen mess in Columbus.
- Expectations (and slumps at the wrong times) killed Joe Thorton's chances to succeed in San Jose. [Sportsnet]
- When the Dallas Stars go back and to the left, look out. [The Score]
- The Sporting News used NHL 14 to simulate games between their hypothetical (and awful) Las Vegas and Seattle expansion teams. Let's hope these are the last games we ever hear Gary Thorne and Bill Clement call for a long time.
- A pair of good reads from Raw Charge: Go ahead and draft goalies. It'll be OK. | A conversation with Jay Feaster on his return to the Lightning.
- The full archive of Puck Daddy's Summer of Disappointment series. After a month, I finally read the comments on the Islanders one I wrote. No one complained or called me an idiot, which means I must have done something very wrong.
- The upcoming "Red Army" documentary looks like a possible Oscar contender, according to someone at the Telluride film festival. [Hollywood Reporter]
Wait. We have an update: