Expect some New York Islanders training camp cuts and assignments today -- perhaps by the time you encounter this text (update: cuts are right here) -- as the boys get back to camp after a day off Sunday.
- Speaking of which, a few low-level ECHL assignments and ex-Sound Tiger moves. [Soundin' Off]
- Michael Dal Colle has signed his entry level contract. [LHH]
- Staple talks of Ryan Pulock impressing at camp...maybe even more than pre-camp favorite Griffin Reinhart. [Newsday]
- Barclays ain't perfect, but this can work. [IPB] (Look for our own review later today.)
- NYI FYI with some game observations from the shootout win in Brooklyn.
- The Parise family deals with J.P.'s cancer. [Star Tribune]
- Victor Crus Rydberg is back to captain Plymouth, and Kyle Burroughs is back with Regina but hurt. [Isles Insight]
- The Islanders express excitement for Brooklyn, nostalgia for the Coliseum. [Post]
- The Islanders express joy for Barclays future, focus on Coliseum present. [NHL]
- The Wings express excitement for a new arena, love for the old one. [Freep]
- Former Leaf Mike Komisarek was released from his Devils PTO, and former Devil Henrik Tallinder's Leafs PTO is in jeopardy with a dislocated shoulder. [TSN]
- Mike Gillis became Canucks GM while known as an arrogant agent GMs didn't like, so a hockey columnist friend of some insiders is happy to say arrogance in the Luongo/Schneider fiasco cost him his job. [Sportsnet]
- The Canucks are accepting Canadian Tire funny money during preseason, so if you saved yours like these packrats did, you are in luck. Preseason luck. [Sportsnet]
- The Oilers really need to contend for the playoffs this year, guys. [Edmonton Journal]
- Don't pile on the Flames for practicing fighting in camp. Some of these guys might have to end up in one someday. [Sporting News]
- Mixed governmental messages in Quebec! Shock! [SI]
- Lightning owner Jeff Vinik wants the team to be "the Green Bay Packers of the NHL." Man, Steven Stamkos' retirement sagas are gonna be rough. [Raw Charge]
- By the way, they unveiled new third jerseys (yuck, "BOLTS" still), and sorry Radko Gudas, they don't have palm trees.
SB Nation's NHL team-by-team previews are launching today. So look for that later.