The New York Islanders return from Brooklyn as victors, having been viewed as liberators. Surely.
It was a return engagement to try out the future digs, and though the ice was crappy, the fan experience sounded great.
- About last night: boxscore | LHH recap with quotes, shootout highlights | Isles recap | ILWT
- Grabovski is shy, so it's nice when Kulemin is around to help open his friend up. [Newsday]
- Staple talks about the roster squeeze and speculates who might be behind. [Newsday]
- Hi, I'm Chad Johnson, and I won last night. [Isles TV interview]
- Brian Strait is tired of hearing about his injuries, and well aware of competition in camp. [IPB]
- Here is a quickie video with fan sounds and sights before last night's game. [Isles TV]
- Catch Calvin de Haan on NHL Live the other day? Here's the segment. [Isles]
- Extensive Islanders season preview, and that's only the half of it. [Islanders Insight]
- And here is John Tavares with nhl.com's Kathryn Tappen:
How was Barclays Center This Time?
Go to the game? How'd you like it? And for those who went last year, notice any major changes/improvements since last September?
Here was Dan, briefly, after the game:
Observations from Barclays, while I wait for the bus. 1. It's a breeze to get to and from via mass transit. Unlike Nassau's harrowing trek.— Dan Saraceni (@cultureoflosing) September 27, 2014
2. The layout is odd for hockey and I. Do. Not. Give. One. Shit. It's a very clean, modern building made for modern specators.— Dan Saraceni (@cultureoflosing) September 27, 2014
3. Shoutout to the 2 mooks seated behind @ICanC4Isles & me. Chad Johnson has been an Islander for 5 minutes & they already hate his guts.— Dan Saraceni (@cultureoflosing) September 27, 2014
What about the rest of you?
- P.A. Parenteau and Patrick Roy disagree with how things would have continued in Colorado. But that's okay, because Parenteau is among cool linemates now. [ESPN]
- Do you know how much it sucks to have everyone talking about how you'll be traded all summer long? Johnny Oduya and Nick Leddy do. [PHT]
- NBC's new NHL promos are "Loving You" style. [SB Nation]
- The Beanpot in Belfast? Cahm ahn. [SBN College Hockey]
- Oh look, politics and sports and mingling in Quebec's expansion quest. [Canada]
- Already with the Sabres McDavid jerseys? [Puck Daddy]
- More on players' offseason training and the trainers who profit. [ESPN]
- Ryan Kesler on being in Anaheim. [Yahoo]