If you were listening to preseason hockey on Canadian radio over the internet yesterday, congratulations! You're a die-hard hockey fan. Also, you heard the Islanders sweep the split squad games with the Senators. Next game is Wednesday at the Coliseum against Carolina.
- Recaps: LHH on Game 1 | LHH on Game 2 | Islanders Official on Game 1 | Islanders Official on Game 2
- 1, 2, 3, look at Anders Lee. [The Hockey Writers]
- No, really, Kyle Okposo wants to build on his stellar last season, volume 456. [NHL.com]
- The Islanders rookies had nice CorsiOn seasons last year, which we hope is a sign of things to come. [Fanpost by NDRE]
- Friday's preseason game at Barclays Center is a dress rehearsal for 2015, says muckety-muck Brett Yormark. [New$day]
- LIRR info for getting to the game, straight from the iron horse's mouth.
- Video: Bob Nystrom is still a bad ass, completes Iron Man competition in Maryland. [New$day]
Around the League
- A fascinating profile of Peter Karmanos, who wants to sell his stake in the Hurricanes but retain control. The headline is Canadian Media at its Canadianist Best. [TSN.ca]
- Ted Nolan's not big into analytics. He's an "Eye Man." [Buffalo News]
- The Cannon examines leverage and what it means in the Ryan Johansen negotiations.
- This is what a Penguins preseason game is like. [The Sporting News]
- How the Jets got stuck with Ondrej Pavelec. [Willis at Bleacher Report]
- Are young kids playing too much hockey? [Globe 'n Mail]
- Why are Flyers fans booing now? Because the bastards took away their ice girls. [SBN]
- SBN's food site Eater has relaunched. Go forth and get hungry.