Well, it's finally here: New York Islanders hockey, with regular uniforms and everything. The Isles kick off the preseason schedule today with a pair of (not simultaneous, mercifully) split-squad games against the Ottawa Senators in St. John's, Newfoundland.
Here are the pertinent details:
- Audio: Listen to both games (1:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. EDT) at TSN 1200.
- Here is the official Islanders preview with rosters. Here are the expected lines according to Newsday's Arthur Staple.
- Here is Staple's preview in Newsday -- with brief talk of the many options on John Tavares' left wing.
- Follow him for in-game stuff @StapeNewsday.
- This is what we love and hate about the Senators.
- Split-squads end up being a smattering of info around the web. For example, for the evening game, look for tweets from "Newfoundland's biggest Isles fan," @PamandBrad. He has the shwag.
- Our peer site for Senators coverage on SB Nation is Silver Seven. They're big Heatley fans.
If you're asking, "Where is this?" well it's here, home of Winnipeg's AHL affiliate. It looks like a hockey rink:
From one island to another... We're in St. John's at Mile One Centre, home of the Ice Caps #Isles pic.twitter.com/34rddDwyZ1— New York Islanders (@NYIslanders) September 22, 2014
Here is your open game thread for this day/night doubleheader. Chat up the game, share tweets or things you see or hear, and if we're feeling ambitious we might even update the post with new info.
Happy hockey season! Let's. Go. ISLANDERS.