It was a quiet Sunday around the league...the last quiet one for a while. After a pause on Sunday, rookie camp skates resume today leading up to the regular training camp at the end of this week.
So check the earlier bits threads for other essential readings and discussions. Here's a few more to start your Monday right.
- Kyle Okposo obviously has a few special memories he'll keep from Nassau Coliseum. Better add some new ones this spring though. [IPB]
- It's a big year ahead for Ryan Pulock, who enters the pros and will likely bring his cannon to Bridgeport. [TCL]
- There was an important guy in my family named Radko. That makes our League of Hate & Envy treatment of the Lightning a little awkward for me. [LHH]
- Garik says context/usage is important, but it doesn't excuse a bad possession player in most cases. [Islanders Analytics]
- On that note, two can play the angry tweet-at-your-work game, buddy:
- The entertaining Royal Half gang take on Youngblood in their first podcast. (If you're of the Mighty Ducks generation, well Youngblood was about all we had for hockey movies between Slap Shot and the Ducks.)
- On analytics: Kings GM Dean Lombardi says there's a big difference between data and knowledge, and so he kindly requests the Toronto media stop asking him about the former when they show little of the latter. [LAK Insider]
- Winnipeg GM Kevin Cheveldayoff knows the playoffs are the next step for his Jets, but ... come on, they're in the Central. [TSN]
- At age 24, Jake Allen looks forward to a regular NHL job, and a fishing partnership with his creasemate. [STLToday]
- Brad Treliving likes working with Brian Burke and the Flames. Probably says "truculent" enough to please the boss. [TSN]
- The latest updates on the "top 10" remaining UFAs. It's, well, it's a lot of old men plus Andrei Loktionov. [Sportsnet]
Flashback: Dynasty Doc
Though we're looking to the immediate future, here's a classic look at the past: MSG's old feature on the dynasty years, with interviews from many of the key "architects" and characters: