- Jack Skille thinks he's finally ready to find a regular role in the NHL. [New$day]
- The rookies have arrived for Camp Cappy. [Islanders]
- Andy at Islanders Insight wants to bring back ties. In the NHL. Not, like, Tim Gunn ties. Because he has never not worn them.
- Who the hell would compare Panthers rookie Aaron Ekblad to Denis Potvin? Oh, it's Denis Potvin. Never mind. [Sun Sentinel]
Around the boards
- Devils defensman Eric Gelinas remains unsigned and he best be careful not to upset Big Lou. [The Hockey Writers]
- But don't worry: Jordin Tootoo is coming to Devils camp on a PTO. [PHT]
- Got some hate or envy for the Bruins? Let's hear it. [LHH]
- Marc-Andre Fleury is a starter in name only. His stats are, literally, pretty much just like those of his understudies. [Sportsnet]
- Canucks fans come to grips with having Ryan Miller as their goalie. Which is weird. [Nucks Misconduct]
- Meanwhile, Vancouver writer Tony Gallagher loses his grip on reality and is now seeing imaginary conspiracies everywhere. [Puck Daddy]
- Ryan Lambert handicaps the "race" for Connor McDavid and adds a surprise contender (no, it's not the Islanders). [Puck Daddy]
- Germany's pro hockey league celebrates its 20th anniversary. [The Hockey Writers]
- Pierre LeBrun reports that a new World Cup of Hockey is almost upon us. [ESPN]
- Pros and Cons of Expansion courtesy of Down Goes Brown. Not surprisingly, "money" ends up in both columns. [Grantland]
- New blog At Even Strength focuses on women's hockey.
- How does height affect draft position? An interesting question pondered very thoroughly at Shinny Stats.
- Three galleries of this season's new goalie masks. Quien es mas macho? [Hockey by Design]